Chit Chat
Options

Paper Anniversary

So next week we are celebrating our. 1st anniversary. The traditional gift is paper but I'm at a loss. Any ideas ladies? I don't want something too expensive since I already got him some camera equipment but I thought it would be neat to get something more traditional.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Paper Anniversary

• Options
    How about tickets to something? I don't know if you're sports fans but...

1.baseball tickets CAN be cheap.
    2. you can get like $20 devils tickets. 
    3. Broadway...you can go to the TIXX booth and get 1/2 price tickets
    4. My personal favorite...comedy club tickets. There's a ton in the city and one in Hasbrouck Heights if you want to stay in jersey

Good luck and Happy Anniversary!

• Options
    DH likes to draw so I got him drawing pads and pencils.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thank you for asking. I was just thinking this about an hour ago!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I second the tickets to something. A local sporting event? A movie he wants to see? A concert?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Homemade giftcards for things like backrubs, sex, movie night, 2 hours of gaming without interuption, etc. 
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary!!
  • Options
    I've inadvertantly given my FH "traditional" wedding anniversary gifts for our dating anniversaries - first year it was a picture of us (it was also the start of our long distance) and the 2nd anniversary I sent him a pillow (I did not make the actual pillow, but I did sew and stencil the cover for it - he loves it). After I sent him the pillow I realized that I had done this, and laughed at myself.

I like the idea of doing tickets to something, are there any local theaters? They'll usually have something (halfway) decent showing, and can make for a rather entertaining evening.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paper-anniversary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:901174ee-e0a6-4dc4-b898-514f2028bb5aPost:f816de23-8483-4828-a4e1-9d3e7d4163f5">Re: Paper Anniversary</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like those ideas! When I hear about paper for the 1st anniversary, I think of my grandfather. He remarried when he was in his 60s (grandma passed away). He gave his wife an anniversary present (no clue what it was) and a roll of toilet paper.
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

<div>I just laughed so hard the baby looked at me like I was nuts. OMG that's something FI would do.</div>
  • Options
    Not sure what he's into, but a vintage comic book would be perfect for my FI.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas but I'm trying to avoid tickets because we already have tickets to like 8 events. I like the comic book idea. Maybe I'll ask his friend to help me out with that one.

• Options
    beardownbchsbeardownbchs member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I know it's not that cheap but the only other thing i can think of is pictures. If you didn't do a boudoir shoot before the wedding, maybe look for a groupon (I know we have groupons ALL THE TIME for them) and do one of those?

I also like Kristan's grandpa's idea. LOL!

ETA: Why do my posts always center at work?!?! TK is weird.
  • Options
    We spent way too much money at Christmas, so ours has to be relatively inexpensive! I was thinking of working on the "nerd lair," which is our office, to surprise my husband with when he comes home again, and it occurs to me the Star Wars posters I have ordered for it are paper (duh me), so that's going to work for an anniversary present. Last night  I also found this website to make a "love book," which is super cheesy but that he will love b/c I want to be an author, and this book for our anniversary will be my first "published" work. Hahaha!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    These are some great ideas! I've kind of at a loss too, since we're not too far removed from Christmas (and both of our birthdays are immediately after.) I love the comedy club idea! We have some of those here in Orlando so that might be fun. 

H actually MADE comic books as a gift for each of his GM and it was hysterical. They loved them. It took H several months to make them, but they were definitely a hit. 

Addie, I love the book idea! I also want to be an author myself. :) Do you mind sharing what the website is? I'd love to take a look! Also, I was born in northern VA and have lots of family still there. Is that where you're from? 
  • Options
    Happy anniversary! My first was yesterday and I didnt even think about gifts. Since you don't want to do tickets, I like the photos idea, especially the budoir photos. I agree with PPs that there are groupons for them all the time.
  • Options
    I think I've decided on the book or comic book idea. There is no way in hell I'm going to let a stranger photograph me half naked. (No knocking anyone that takes boudoir photos but they're not for me).

• Options
    We kind of ignored the paper thing, but I inadvertantly followed the 'modern' tradtion of clocks for 1st anniversary. I got him a pocketwatch. He got me a bracelet. And we spent a night in Greensboro with dinner at the Melting Pot (which we did on our wedding day as well) and a bottle of mead. The following day we went to the science center and a used bookstore. In case you can't tell, we're nerds.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paper-anniversary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:901174ee-e0a6-4dc4-b898-514f2028bb5aPost:281301ce-da78-4f46-9e57-4156368eba0e">Re: Paper Anniversary</a>:
    [QUOTE] Addie, I love the book idea! I also want to be an author myself. :) Do you mind sharing what the website is? I'd love to take a look! Also, I was born in northern VA and have lots of family still there. Is that where you're from? 
    Posted by ralbro[/QUOTE]

<div>It's lovebookonline.com.    I'm actually from Illinios originally, lived in Texas for the last 13 years, and just moved to Virginia in July. </div>
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ok, so everyone took my good ideas, so I'm only going to give you my bad one :P

There exists such a thing as a book company that writes you and your SO into a cheesy romance novel.  True story.  I'll have to google it to find it again, but I think I'll be doing it as a gag gift for our first anniversary.  Maybe I'll choose the daring rogue pirate adventure.  Arrr! 
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paper-anniversary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:901174ee-e0a6-4dc4-b898-514f2028bb5aPost:57d42efb-ca04-4ff2-9364-3232ecd1f752">Re: Paper Anniversary</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so everyone took my good ideas, so I'm only going to give you my bad one :P There exists such a thing as a book company that writes you and your SO into a cheesy romance novel.  True story.  I'll have to google it to find it again, but I think I'll be doing it as a gag gift for our first anniversary.  Maybe I'll choose the daring rogue pirate adventure.  Arrr! 
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG. That's amazing. I need to know what the website is. Lol. H and I will sometimes google stuff like that and read them out loud to each other. We end up doubled over with hysterical laughter, so this might actually be right up my alley!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paper-anniversary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:901174ee-e0a6-4dc4-b898-514f2028bb5aPost:57d42efb-ca04-4ff2-9364-3232ecd1f752">Re: Paper Anniversary</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so everyone took my good ideas, so I'm only going to give you my bad one :P There exists such a thing as a book company that writes you and your SO into a cheesy romance novel.  True story.  I'll have to google it to find it again, but I think I'll be doing it as a gag gift for our first anniversary.  Maybe I'll choose the daring rogue pirate adventure.  Arrr! 

This actually sounds really cool.

• Options

<div>Please find it. How hilarious!</div>
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    These are great ideas! I have never heard that your first anniversary was your "paper anniversary," but I guess at the same time before I was married I never really cared enough to know. 

Something else cool to do would be to frame your wedding invitation nicely. I've seen lots of variations of it done when I used to work at custom frame shop. It can make a more plain invitation really shine, or bring out even more uniqueness to a nontraditional invitation. Many years ago my aunt asked me paint on top of one of their wedding invitations. Theirs had an embossed flower border that was the color of the paper. I used watercolor paint to enhance the design and it came out really pretty. I then framed it for them and my aunt gave it to my uncle, her husband, as an anniversary present.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Alrighty, I found some of the sites again that I stumbled across a couple of years ago (don't ask how :P)

www.yournovel.com
    www.ustarnovels.com

These sites let you submit details of yourselves, and even upload your pictures to a custom cover.  Quite a hoot!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paper-anniversary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:901174ee-e0a6-4dc4-b898-514f2028bb5aPost:f98a8bd4-206f-417b-b75b-bac668e0da72">Re: Paper Anniversary</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I've decided on the book or comic book idea. There is no way in hell I'm going to let a stranger photograph me half naked. (No knocking anyone that takes boudoir photos but they're not for me).
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

LOL I'm totally with you. I don't know what to do because I know my FI would LOVE boudoir pictures and I even have some ideas of what I would wear - I stole someone's idea of doing a hockey jersey with our last name and the year we get married for the number as our guestbook - so I thought it would be cute to wear that. But I don't know if I could bring myself to let a complete stranger see me like that!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_paper-anniversary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:901174ee-e0a6-4dc4-b898-514f2028bb5aPost:e3453837-3883-4a07-960a-5284de955504">Re: Paper Anniversary</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paper Anniversary : LOL I'm totally with you. I don't know what to do because I know my FI would LOVE boudoir pictures and I even have some ideas of what I would wear - I stole someone's idea of doing a hockey jersey with our last name and the year we get married for the number as our guestbook - so I thought it would be cute to wear that. But I don't know if I could bring myself to let a complete stranger see me like that!!
    Posted by beardownbchs[/QUOTE]

I've seen several people who take them themselves with a digital camera and tripod. You may not be able to some of the shots from above and stuff,but you could do some posed ones, especially with the jersey. Then print yourself at home.
  • Options
    If you guys are into board games....technically they're made out of paper!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

April 2013 March Siggy - Bridesmaid Dress

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards