Delaware

Hair and makeup question?

How long did it take you to get everyone's hair and makeup done?  For those still planning, how long are you estimating?

I have myself, MOB, MOG, 2 MOH, Best Maid, and maybe one or two more.  3 are getting up dos, 3 aren't, and I am the only one getting makeup done.

Re: Hair and makeup question?

• edited December 2011

I've heard that you estimate 30mins for makeup and 45-60mins for updo.  Of couse, this time will overlap if you have multiple people doing the hair/makeup.  If the hair down is just a blow out, it would be much shorter of a time period, but if they are getting all their hair curled or something it may take the full 45mins.

Everything the day-of will go much faster if your people know exactly what they want done to their hair.

• Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My suggestion to this is to make sure everyones up and ready to go as soon as that salon opens!  And like miguelhilary said...make sure they have a magazine cut-out or print-out of the exact style they want ready to go!
    www.projectwedding.com has thousands of great hairstyles to choose from.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we got the earliest appointment possible.  And I already talked to everyone, and communicated what everyone wanted to the salon.  If they said they weren't sure (like between a down do and a halfuphalfdown), we went with the more complicated one to block off more time.

I have been on Project Wedding so many times, I could do it in my sleep- it's where I found what I wanted!
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too! I love that site for inspiration.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • daizbydaizby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask at the salon how long the makeup will take; for some reason mine took a  really long time, and made me late. The girl was really slowwww.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards