July 2012 Weddings

Today is going by slow, and I have wedding shoes on my brain!

Today for me is going by so slow! I can't stand it! Anywho, it is the long weekend and maybe that is why. Anyone doing anything fun? Me and FI are probably going to get to the beach since it is supposed to be beautiful this weekend here. I am excited!

Changing the subject, Has anyone thought or bought their wedding shoes? I saw a beautiful pair of shoes, but they are $400 which is pretty outrageaous for me to spend on a pair of shoes so I thought i would try and somewhat replicate what the shoes look like here is a picture of the shoe i totally want to replicate to fit into my budget and not break my purse: I looked it up on you tube to see how to do it and it seems pretty simple....alright i am just going to shut up now, I am just rambling!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Today is going by slow, and I have wedding shoes on my brain!

• I haven't picked my shoes yet, but I plan to rhinestone mine, too!  I found these fuschia crystals at Michael's that I plan on using whenever I find my shoes. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • I bought my shoes already! My dress is a Casablanca and they will customize the hem length so that it doesn't have to be altered. So I had to get my shoes before purchasing the dress. I ordered and returned 5 pairs before finding these ones. Needless to say, shoes were all I could think about for two weeks straight! Here is the link to them: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ivanka-trump-dermani-sandal-nordstrom-exclusive/3139422?origin=category&resultback=114
    Photobucket
  • Those are sooo pretty, Laurel! Definitely not the standard bridal shoe, I like them a lot.

I'm 6'1 and my FI is 6'0 so even though he said I could, I won't be wearing heels. It's hard to find pretty flats that aren't grandma looking so I have no idea. I also think it will depend on the dress, which I don't have yet.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011

I bought my shoes already and am in love!!  here's a picture of them!

. Anniversary aandt image
  • ceglare they are wicked cute! Madionpenny I love the blue shoes!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ceglare--I LOVE those shoes! 

Megan--are you kidding on no cute non-grandma flats???  I love flats :)  I found some flats in a bridal magazine that I can't find in the color they showed in the mag. :(  They're libby edelman "kendra" peep toe flats with a big satin bow.  The picture showed them in pink, I find them in every print and color except pink.  I should probably start getting on finding some shoes to get my dress hemmed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Oh the rhinestone ones are so pretty! My dress is so long, I know my shoes are not going to be seen much at all, so i'm not that worried about them. I am seriously considering a pair of heels I already own (purchased for a wedding I was in last year) that have barely been worn and go very nicely with my dress. But who knows, I may decide on a whim that I *need* new ones lol - we will see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Shoes were weirdly difficult for me to find. I'm 5'0 and getting married outside so I want heels basically as high as I can find without them looking hussy-like that have a platform but i can't have thin heels since they'll sink into the grass too much. After three return trips for different sizes (since they had to be ordered) I finally found them at david's bridal. Next up, veil, headpiece, and jewelry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ceglare- I am in love!  I love your shoes, but in the blue color!  That color blue is the color shoe I am looking for.  I just fear those would be too high for me.  I am 5'10 and my fiance is 6'4...I figure a 3 inch heel would be the highest I should go...
    Anniversary
  • edited May 2011
    Aww thanks everyone! I want to wear them everytime I walk by the box in my room, but I have sooo long to wait! I was thinking of buying some shoes with some color on them, but then decided not to. But I love blue shoes every time I see a picture of them. And I'm just shy of 5' 3" and FI is about 5' 10", so I can get away with a decently high heel.

NiKki, I'm getting married outside and will be walking in grass too. I originally thought about wedges, but couldn't find any dressy ones that I liked. I'm going to order these: http://thesolemates.com/?gclid=COuU_MW0hqkCFQTe4AodV00JqA. They fit onto the bottom of the heel and create a bigger surface area. They're made specifically for the grass so I'm hoping they work! I wear heels a lot, so I personally would feel a little dressed down in anything but.
    Photobucket
  • Cute shoes!!!!  Love!! I would kill myself in those!!  I bought my shoes, but don't have a pic of them yet!  I'll take one later when FI and I get home from picking up a bookshelf to hold all my scrapbooking crap!  I'm buying a cricut, got the new printer today and CANNOT wait to use it!! haha

This weekend, sucks...I work all weekend!
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    Bells- wow blingalicious! I saw a pic of shoe somewhat similar to this, I want to PIP but the pic is saved on my computer and I'm at FSIL's.. but I'll make sure to post it later or send it to you, they're really cute.

Ally- are you wearing flats too? I love the flats your linked. I have trouble finding cute white flats.. let me know if you ever find any cute ones and I'll do the same. It's not easy! Lol

Meagan- I agree with Ally haha! There are def cute bridal flats out there, they're just not always cheap though lol. I saw these here on TK a while back I thought they were really cute. Well I guess the shape is a little grandma but I like embellishment, I think it would look cuter maybe if it were bigger. Anyway, I'm looking for a similar shoe, basically a white flat with a nice embellishment. 

**ETA: Nina has really cute shoes in a billion different styles and variety of colors too. These flats are Nina too btw. This designer has been one of my faves in bridal shoes so far. http://ninashoes.com/bride-1-285 
  • ceglare4 Love the shoes!  I almost bought the same pair in the blue!

I also have a hem to order dress so my shoes are already purchased.  These are my shoes and I am going to have them dyed royal blue :)

http://www.dyeableshoestore.com/dyeable-shoe-store/dyeable-shoes/fiore--3--heel.asp
  • Ah those are cute shoes! I actually already bought my shoes...I was orginally going to have my wedding this year but got let go from my job so it got pushed back so I have my dress, viel and shoes just sitting in my closet WAITING!

My favorite color is turqouise so of course I had to have turqouise shoes...my dress shop goes thru this website called Colorifics, which dyes the shoes any color you want...I have pictures but for some reason it won't post but they look AMAZING...=)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, I know there are some cute flats out there, and I like those with the embellishment. I just see some of those 4-5 in heels and they look so hot! But I know that my feet will be thanking me at the end of the night. In the beginning of the planning process I was considering a vintage looking tea-length dress with some killer heels showing and my FI suggested we have a step stool for him at the alter. Needless to say, I changed my mind, lol. I probably need to look harder but I really need a dress first!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards