July 2013 Weddings

new girl in!

just wanted to connect with my fellow brides to be (especially those getting married in 7/13)

where you from? when did he propose? colors? themes?

oh...and is anyone else having issues with any of their bridesmaids?

chime in ;)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: new girl in!

• Hi!  Welcome!

I'm fairly new, too!  I've been engaged since November and I guess since I entered my date then, I've been a member of this board too.  I haven't had any time to really sit down and write any posts, but everyone seems so nice and supportive so I wanted to join the party!

Like I said, I got engaged in November--the day after Thanksgiving.  FI planned a surprise trip to New York City and proposed there.  It was very sweet!

We decided on the colors sage green and peach to keep it soft and romantic, but that could change I guess--it still feels so far out.  No theme though--I kind of feel that for us, wedding theme might be enough.

And no issues with bridesmaids because we actually haven't asked anyone yet.  We wanted to wait until the date got closer and we had a better idea of what kind of wedding we're having.

Share your story, too! 
  • Hi and welcome!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hello and welcome!
    Tell us about your wedding!

I'm from Cali and FI and I have been engaged for a year and a half.  He proposed on New years eve, the last day of 2010.  Our wedding colors are Fig, blush, cream, and gold, and we're trying to weave in a lot of renaissance influences. 

No bridesmaid drama yet, but I think there is some on the horizon.  FI and I are both very nonreligious, and struggled with who would actually marry us.  We asked one of my bridesmaids if she would do us the honor of becoming ordained (online, lol) so she could marry us.  She was totally thrilled, and bubbling with excitement.  My family is going to hit the wall when they find out though. 
  • Hi there!

I'm originally from southern California, which is where I met my FI, but I moved to Maryland to go to college and plan on staying out there. Until we get married and I have to move to wherever the Army sends him of course! My FI and I have been together for almost 5 and 1/2 years, and he proposed in January of 2010. So, needless to say, we are VERY excited to be considering July 2013 for our wedding instead of June 2014, which is what we initially thought!

Our colors are aqua and cherry, with white and silver accents, and we're going for a fun retro vibe at our wedding. And no bridesmaids issues here, and I don't think I'll have any!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Hello and welcome!!

We got engaged on 11/11/11 after four and a half years of dating :) we live in San Francisco!

our colors are the classic ruby red and midnight blue with a kind of contemporary americana vibe. i love love LOVE the idea of having someone i know officiate, but i haven't figured out just who to ask yet... as for the bridesmaids, i've asked my FSILs and am planning to ask two close friends as it gets closer to the big date!!

can't wait to hear more about your wedding!

July 2013 Siggy Challenge: Inspiration Boards!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hey hey!

I'm from northern WV. He proposed in September, a few weeks before I ran my first marathon. I'm thinking my colors will be blue and red.

I will say I haven't asked bridesmaids for the very reason you posted--you should wait to be certain...this eliminates "problems with bridesmaids."
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Where you from? 
    Canada - Born and raised. I still live in Ontario with my fiance and our cats.

When did he propose? 
    November 13, 2011, around 9:45pm if you'd like specifics ;)

Colors? Themes? 
    Dark/bright red with lightish yellow (not obnoxiously bright) are the colours. There isn't really a theme, but based on our venue, I'll be going for a mix of old and new while still keeping it fresh and light. 

Oh...and is anyone else having issues with any of their bridesmaids?
    No. Honestly, it's really early to have named bridesmaids IMO. My sisters and FI's sister will be my bridesmaids, but I haven't officially said so, and I really don't foresee any issues here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards