New York-Long Island

wedding cake help

Hi all, I found a place that the wedding cake was delicious and the price was great, until they gave me the delivery charge.  It was $200!!!!   Does anyone know of a good bakery to get a cake with a decent price per slice and also delivery fee?  I am getting married in Riverhead NY in Oct. 

Re: wedding cake help

• There are plenty of places but what is your budget for the cake and how many people do you need to feed? How many tiers do you want?
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • $200 for a delivery charge seems awfully high, have you asked if they would be willing to work with you on the delivery charge?
    Married 12/08/2012
    imageimage
    Fur parents of Vega '11 & Emme '08
    TTC since 06/2011
    DH dx with celiac disease '03
    02/2013 GI/Urologist beginning testing.
    Vote on our name list!
  • Butta cakes in greenport
  • Is it possible- you can go pick up the cake yourself, or your dad or someone can get it and bring it to your reception hall? That's what I would do. I hate paying money for things I can do myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • alpine bakery in smithtown is amazing!
  •  Benkerts bakery in centereach......did an excellent job cake was delicious. even made one layer sugar free for guests who were diabetic........     http://www.benkerts.com/   had 100 guests and cake total was under $400.00. They delivered it to my caterer who brought it to the hall, but what I remember was their delivery charge if they delivered it was reasonable. Talk to Debby.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards