California-Orange County

Couple willing to sell/trade sponsorship for wedding expenses

Hello,

My name is Amy and I am a bride to be for January 11th 2012 or January 22nd 2012. We have just started busting out the bridal magazines, books and websites but have found that a weddings are not easy to pull off without having a heavy bill at the end. Since we met and work for a very well known computer company we know there are talented individuals that may just be getting involved in the business of photography, coordinating, cosmetic, and a wide variety of services. Since we are on a tight budget due to the fact that we are both college students, we are trying to pay for this on our own and want to have an amazing wedding that is unique and individual at a decent dollar.

As a couple we are willing to trade sponsorship for wedding expenses. About 100+ guests will see your business information on our wedding website, ceremony programs, wedding favors, etc. Please reply to this post if you are interested in being a sponsor. Local and non-local sponsors will all be considered. The wedding will be on Saturday, January 22nd 2012 or January 11th 2012.

We are currently seeking businesses to offer sponsorship for the following services: Coordinator, Bridal Dress, Caterer, Brides Maid Dresses, Venue, Beauty Services, Invitations & Stationery, Videography, Chair Covers & Sashes, Florist, Wedding Cake, Limousine/Transportation Rental and more... We are right now at ground zero and have nothing booked and are open to pretty much any service that is related on adding to our wedding. We have not found a theme or place yet but we plan on getting married in Southern California. We will give you all rights to post anything and everything about our wedding from photos, video, satisfied customer suggestions and more. Our goal is to pull off an amazing wedding while helping other businesses.

If you have a service that you would like to offer, please don't hesitate to contact us. I am looking forward to meeting and working with an amazing bunch of talented people and companies.

Thank you!

Amy & Grant

Proposing@me.com

Re: Couple willing to sell/trade sponsorship for wedding expenses

• jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you for real???  You both work for a computer company but you're both college students on a tight budget?  I would be really put off to attend a wedding with a bunch of advertising.  

What about having a very small wedding that you can afford instead?  Furthermore, vendors are not allowed to post on these boards.
  • jilly884jilly884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you work for free at your company?  Explain again why you would want everyone to work for free for you?
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahahahahahahahahahahhaahahaha

::deeep breath::

hahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahahahahha

yeah, I gotta take this international....
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_couple-willing-selltrade-sponsorship-wedding-expenses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:881ce664-c6a0-47c0-a3a0-1119c27dd2cfPost:60e036c1-3385-4404-bef6-fdddd651668e">Couple willing to sell/trade sponsorship for wedding expenses</a>:
    [QUOTE] We are currently seeking businesses to offer sponsorship for the following services: Coordinator, Bridal Dress, Caterer, Brides Maid Dresses, Venue, Beauty Services, Invitations & Stationery, Videography, Chair Covers & Sashes, Florist, Wedding Cake, Limousine/Transportation Rental and more...
    Posted by amymariebaker[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Oh honey. You don't need all those things. </div><div>
    </div><div>Not to mention, I'm not sure anyone will trade hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of services to be seen by 100 people - most of whom aren't planning weddings. </div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_couple-willing-selltrade-sponsorship-wedding-expenses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:881ce664-c6a0-47c0-a3a0-1119c27dd2cfPost:7cd46023-a44f-447c-b542-a921e0c47575">Re: Couple willing to sell/trade sponsorship for wedding expenses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Couple willing to sell/trade sponsorship for wedding expenses : Oh honey. You don't need all those things
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Pffft. whatever.  Your marriage isn't valid unless you have chair covers at your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_couple-willing-selltrade-sponsorship-wedding-expenses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:881ce664-c6a0-47c0-a3a0-1119c27dd2cfPost:a903a42f-3ac4-4f75-9d1b-00e368060323">Re: Couple willing to sell/trade sponsorship for wedding expenses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Couple willing to sell/trade sponsorship for wedding expenses : Pffft. whatever.  Your marriage isn't valid unless you have chair covers at your wedding.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

Well damn. I guess we'll have to get married again. I forgot the covers AND the sashes. I'm doomed.
    planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards