Wedding Woes

i'm living in a pre-9/11 political world right now

i decided that my maternity time will hence forth be spent watching the West Wing.  I missed the whole series because i was in college and didn't have a tv for much of that time. 

i'm thoroughly enjoying season 1 so far. but damn it's funny to watch rob lowe running around with a beeper.  ah, what a simpler time it was. 

ps: no baby yet.  just chillaxin' best i can between now and D-day.

Re: i'm living in a pre-9/11 political world right now

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

awesome!  be prepared to cry every thanksgiving episode.

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best show ever. And yes, you will cry on the thanksgiving episodes, and the big block of cheese day episode, and the 9/11 episode, and pretty much every episode of the last season.

I've been wanting to watch the series over but we lent the first season to my ILs and haven't gotten it back. :o(
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I love that show.  In one of the Thanksgiving episodes CJ kept saying "I quit" over and over because they just kept dumping stuff on her.  I borrowed that line and used it at my old job everytime I was stressed.  People were so used to it that when I finally did quit I had to use different words. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I know nothing about that show, but DH still carries a beeper.
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I also missed most of this show because of college and dvrlessness.  How did I ever watch any show before DVR?  I don't even remember.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have to demand that zsa and 6 get the dvds. Yes, I said demand.
  • edited December 2011
    zsa - I don't know how I LIVED before getting a DVR! Not being able to pause live TV? What an absurd notion.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got tivo because of "the west wing."  
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

In the final episodes where Josh was trying to get Sam to come back to DC, Sam protests that his FI will have to sit for the bar exam again and asks, "Would you!?!?!?"

I just sat for another bar exam so FI and I can live on the east coast where the job market for his career is better.  That line flashed through m y head many many times this summer

AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards