Louisiana-New Orleans

Rehearsal Dinner Location

Hi anyone have a rehearsal dinner location recs? We went to look at Oceana and are kind of disappointed with the way we were treated and it's been over a week and haven't got a quote back. We are also thinking of Crescent City Brewhouse. Our budget is $2500 for approx 50 people and I don't really need an open bar or anything like that. FI family is from OOT and I would like to limit travel. Rehearsal is at St. Jude.

Thanks 
BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location

• edited December 2011
    I'd check out Mr. B's Bistro on Royal and Domenica at the Roosevelt.   Also if you don't mind a SMALL trek into the Warehouse District, Cochon is incredible. 

I have no idea how big your group is (which plays a huge factor into how far 2500 will go), but those places are really nice, but not crazy-expensive.  It should be easily doable (without open bar) for a group of about 40 (and for a smaller group with a very nice bar tab). 

As far as the old-guard restaurants there's Antoine's and Arnaud's and the upstairs of Galatoires (and Broussard's where MIL had ours, but which I don't recommend food-wise...service and ambience were great).  Those are likely going to be pricier. 
  • wmh6wmh6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our rehearsal dinner was at Ralph & Kacoo's.  I think it's considered a chain, but it's one of my father in law's favorite places to eat when he comes in town so I went with it.  The planning was fairly easy for him as he did everything from South Carolina.  The food was delicious, and the service was awesome.

I got quotes for him from several restaurants but never could get a response from Oceana.  My husband and I ended up treating our immediate families to breakfast at Oceana the morning after the wedding.  I made a reservation for us and even received a confirmation email.  When we showed up that morning, the hostess acted like we were stupid and said there was no reservation for us.  Once we were seated, our food was so good, and the server was really nice though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would NOT eat at Oceana... they were feature on Hell's kitchen or one of those tv shows not too long ago... restaurant is disgusting.. rats were found in the kitchen!... we are doing ours at Jacquimo's!
  • edited December 2011
    Crescent City Brewhouse is a good place... I've had work related functions there. They were very easy to work with and we had a great company holiday party there. The prices were very reasonable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs. I'll look into these places this week.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards