Favors

Favors-Album & camera gift?

We are having a destination wedding and since it will also be a vacation for our guest I was planning on giving an album and disposible camera as a favor.  Usually a camera is used to take pictures during the reception and left on the table however I wanted my guest to use the camera as they wish and keep it for their memories of our wedding and their vacation.  Any ideas of how to let guest know that the camera is for them? and they should keep it to put pics in the album?

Re: Favors-Album & camera gift?

• edited December 2011
    I'd put a little tag on them and say something like "Our gift to you is to remember this wonderful day you spent with us by making your own scrapbook."  Or something similar to hint they can keep it.  You could also say something to the effect that if there were any cute pictures to send you a copy.  You'd have to word that correctly but it might give them them the idea they can keep it.  I like the idea!  Very cute!
  • edited December 2011
    Usually the cameras are left on the tables for guests to take pictures during the wedding and leave for the bride and groom. Maybe if you package the camera and album in a gift bag or box and put a thank you tag on it, most guests will realize that's their favor/gift for attending and not something have to leave behind.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand what you're trying to do, but honestly, almost everyone I know has a digital camera now and uses them to take photos-especially at a wedding or an a vacation.  I think the disposable cameras, which take crappy pictures would be a waste of your money.

As for the album, again, I use them, but almost everyone I know saves their photos to a CD or stores them on their computer.  Again, I think an album is not the best use of your $$.

Since it's a DW,  consider what another bride on this board is doing:  give a luggage tag to your guests as a reminder of their trip to your wedding.  Or give an edible. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with trix.  Nowadays, everyone has a digital camera which take much better photos and not that many people keep hard copies of their pics. Its usually stored in computer or posted online like photobucket or something.  And how many times will they pull out the album to look at the pics, when they can easily scroll through it on their laptop.  There is only very few that like to put pics in albums, plus it is going to cost your guest to get those pics processed, which is a tiny amount, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with that. 

I liked the idea of luggage tags, or something edible.  Or something more local to where you are having your DW at.  So they can use it and as well as remember what a wonderful time they had. 

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favors-album-camera-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:1361696b-1c8c-4cf7-83c1-288610e48e1dPost:4f3bbe14-e106-4d4f-9f4a-94f54689c834">Re: Favors-Album & camera gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with trix.  Nowadays, everyone has a digital camera which take much better photos and not that many people keep hard copies of their pics. Its usually stored in computer or posted online like photobucket or something.  And how many times will they pull out the album to look at the pics, when they can easily scroll through it on their laptop.  There is only very few that like to put pics in albums,<em><strong> plus it is going to cost your guest to get those pics processed,</strong></em> which is a tiny amount, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with that.  I liked the idea of luggage tags, or something edible.  Or something more local to where you are having your DW at.  So they can use it and as well as remember what a wonderful time they had. 
    Posted by Hinaj[/QUOTE]

I hadn't thought of that, but it's also a good point.  A favor that I now have to pay to use isn't really that appealing to me.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I think the idea is really nice... but like people said above, most ppl have a digital.. Also, when they get back on the plane, won't they have to keep in with their carry on? I thought some film could be destroyed when it went through security.. I am thinking back to my high school senior trip where we had to make sure our disposables were not in checked luggage. (this was 7 years ago- not sure if it is still the same case but something to consider)
  • edited December 2011
    i'd skip it.  like trix and PP have said, everyone has digital now. i'd toss it if i were a guest.
  • edited December 2011
    I think a tag on them that would say:

"Snap away on our special day, but please don't take our camera away, it's for a album that we will make, with all the pictures that you will take?

And then you could put a pretty basket somewhere, where they could put the cameras in when they are full.

Here's a great website as well, they have great favors: http://thefavorlounge.theaspenshops.com/

Congrats and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards