Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Did you...........

Have any of you new brides..or even soon-to be Mrs. change  your entire game plan months into planning? Did you regret your final decision?

I've spent the last 4 months planning what I thought would be the "perfect" outdoor tented reception on private land owned by my family.

After reality set when the pieces started coming together I realized things like we would need tent sides if it rains, the extreme heat, my cake melting because of the miserable August humid heat, no air conditioning, annoyed hot guests, a generator for electricity, porter potties for bathrooms, no running water and it goes on ad on..being on an extreme budget trying to do all of this got a little stressful.

So I officially chickened out and completely changed my mind to an inside reception at a reception hall with a wonderful grand banquet room. And I will get my air conditoning, a kitchen, restrooms, and a load of stress lifted off of my shoulders.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't have changed my mind, but I know I'm doing the right thing by preventing a lot of stress for my family and I, and also thinking of my guests' comfort, too.

Re: Did you...........

• Options
    A few months before my wedding my hubby and I decided not to get married in the church we had arranged as it was more of his mom's doing than ours and since we didn't have a home church we'd prefer a comfortable, faith filled ceremony rather than a "fake" church wedding.  We also couldn't afford the $900 price tag the church was asking for verses the $250 for the hall and $100 for the officiant.

I have never made a better event decision in my life.  An I am a freelance even planner.

Our ceremony was beautiful and intimate and I loved it.

Good luck with everything.  Go with your gut...there is a reason for the doubt.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I spent a lot of time planning my wedding the US, until we did budget crunching and realized we can't afford both a US wedding and an Indian one. So we're just doing the Indian one, since I'm moving to India.

Still sort of in shock about it.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards