Massachusetts
Options

Tornadoes!

Hope all my fellow western mass knotties are safe and sound. It's not every year we get tornadoes out here and the news has been crazy with the storms! Saw the 2nd twister touch down about 1/2 mile from my house here in Westfield...been on the phone non-stop with people checking in.

Stay safe gals!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tornadoes!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes seriously, I am not living in western MA now, but my parents sent me pictures of chicken egg sized hail they had, fortunately they were 20 minutes minimum away from where the tornadoes touched down.  I hope you all are ok and did not have too much damage done to your area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hope everyone is doing okay... we've been checking with family and friends in Western Mass and fortunately everyone is safe... now hopefully it won't hit Boston too hard!
    ~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope everyone's ok. I'm not in WMass either, but my family is. My grandmother was hiding out in the basement at work all afternoon!! Everyone in my family is ok!
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope everyone and their families are ok.  I'm not in Western MA myself, but my sister was kept in the basement of the school she teaches at with her special needs students.  Lots of teachers were stranded due to their cars being destroyed. 
  • Options
    bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Western Mass. We luckily didn't get hit by the tornado but the weather yesterday was CRAZY!! FI does volunteer search & rescue and got called to Springfield this morning to help. Our city sent thier K9 unit, additional police and fire support.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Southbridge and the tornado hit about 1/2 mile from my house. It also came within 100 yards of my wedding venue. We're feeling very lucky today! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards