Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

ceremony logistics

Hello! I just spent a weekend looking at venues for my May 2011 wedding!

One issue/concern with a place I fell in love with is that they do not execute the ceremony. She said that some people use a family member or friend, but I have no idea who that would be for my wedding. I hate to hire a day of coordinator for just the ceremony... has anyone been in this predictiment? What have you done?

Thank you for any help!
RT + JB
Wedding Countdown Ticker
The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.

Re: ceremony logistics

• I've heard a lot of knotties swapping DOC duties with another knottie on their local board.  Maybe that would be an option for you?
  • I would just mention it to a couple of friends, someone might even volunteer for you.  I offered to DOC for a couple of friends who are having DIY heavy weddings.  If not, you can probably hire someone, maybe a friend of a friend or someone off Craigslist, to do it for cheap.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • My sister and I DOCed for a close friend of ours.  So she's probably going to DOC for ours.  She's already keeping me sane. Smile

Otherwise, my mom suggested my godmother to DOC, because she and I are similar in our organization tactics.  And she makes things happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards