Texas-Austin

OOT Bags

Are you putting one together? If so, what container are you using & what are you putting in them?

Re: OOT Bags

• edited December 2011
    I am still on the fence about this. If we have money in the budget left over, I would like to make them, but it isn't a top priority. My sister made them, and used a natural colored paper gift sack. In each one she put a praline from Lamme's Candies, a bottle of sweet leaf tea, and tangerine, and a handmade map of Austin with ideas for restaurants to try and activities to do.
  • edited December 2011
    I just put mine together this weekend, I just got some cheap cheap white bags and requested maps and brochures from Austin Tourism board...they sent me about 100 of each for free.  I also got some neat info and 'walking tour' brochures from the Bob Bullock Museum for free that we put in there too.  We bought a bunch of bottles of water at Costco and added our own labels that we made to them.  We also got lots of candy for cheap from Costco.  I bought some customized stickers off of etsy.com to decorate the bags so they looked festive (and it was also very cheap!)...anyhow, that is my inexpensive way of doing it!  I had a friend though at her wedding use upside down cowboy hats as the 'bag' and she loaded it up with candy, water, texas bluebonnet seeds, and fun 'Texas' stuff like that.  I plan on adding a welcome note from myself and my fiance to our bags as well.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards