Wisconsin

Wooden Box Ceremony

Hello!

I am thinking about doing the Wooden Box Ceremony instead of a unity candle or sand ceremony.

It is said that a bottle of wine, two glasses, and love letters (one from me and one from my husband to be) and put that in the box and nail it up.

I am wanting to do this ceremony, but nothing to do with the wine and glasses.  I am hoping to do a box (vintage perhaps) and put in there the love letters, but instead of the wine and glasses, have each of our parents present us something that is important to them about marriage and how they have stayed together.  I am hoping to include parents nad maybe some special aunts to be a part of this.

Let me know what you guys think!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wooden Box Ceremony

• cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mentioned this idea to the FI a few weeks ago. I like that it's original and we're getting married outside so we can't do the unity candle thing (although I really didn't want to anyways!) We're not big wine people so we were trying to think of other things to put in there too.
    Not sure if we'll do this yet, but I do like the idea!!
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • mmskaricmmskaric member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this!! I've thought about it as well.

Like you, I didn't want to do the wine. I got to thinking about letters from our parents and/or bridal party. The one negative that did come up...given our parents age and health, there's a good chance that one or more of them may not be around in 10 years. Then what should be a happy moment, may end up a little sad.

Sorry to be a downer. Really, I think it's a great idea.

I say go for it!
  • rachelt00rachelt00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a Rose and Vessel Ceremony, in which FI presents a vase (support-stability)and I present a rose (beauty and joy).  We put them together and it creates a symbol that together we are so much more.  Then each anniversary , we put another rose in the vessel.  We chose a beautiful crystal vase by Vera Wang.
    I believe the ceremony is more than a thousand years old (so sayeth the internet, anyway).  I just like that it is different!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards