Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Need opinions on these venues!

Hi Ladies,

I am just starting the wedding planning process and my fiance and I are getting ready to tour some venues! We have appointments set up for Perfect Settings in Columbia, Manchester Royal Golf Links in Manchester, & Riverdale Manor. We want to find a place that although we may have to use their caterer that we can provide our own alcohol to save on that cost. Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Need opinions on these venues!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If it's not too far from where you want to be, check out Legacy Ballroom in Lancaster. It's gorgeous, the staff is AWESOME, and they have an awesome preferred caterer but you can choose your own if you want to.  You get the ballroom and the fireside lounge, plus you can set up the day before so you're not rushed on wedding day.  And the price is good, too, which always helps.
  • Options
    hlora953hlora953 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am using Riverdale and I know with them you have to provide your own alcohol. Hope that helps!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Riverdale Manor in April. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. Everything went so smoothly the day of the wedding, the food was excellent (many people told us it was the best "wedding food" they'd ever had), and the location couldn't be more beautiful. I would definately recommend it to anyone!
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    10/11: Dx PCOS, 2000mg Metformin
    imageimage
    My Blog
    April Nesties March siggy challenge: Next Vacation, Anguilla!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are using Royal Manchester for our wedding in June 2011.  I LOVE the location, but I have had some issues with the staff.  The main coordinator doesn't return calls or e-mails very quickly.  I have found that if you want something done, you just have to go into the location in person, and then she does it.  Other than that, I don't have any complaints as of now.  You do have to pay for alcohol by comsumption, but at their prices.  If you want to know anything else before you go, just let me know! :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also-- I answered your PM :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MB-
    I am pretty sure we are going to book with Royal Manchester Golf Links too. We loved the location; it is so pretty! I have a tenative hold for October 8th, 2011. I am making sure everything is okay as far as prices/food once I get final numbers from her. But, I can see what you are saying about staff--I think they are still trying to work out the details since they are so new!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great!!  I am going to PM you my e-mail, and you can e-mail me any questions that you can think of... but we did LOVE the looks and the location.  We are from York, and go to church in Northeastern, so we couldn't beat the location!
  • Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visited Perfect Settings in Columbia a few weeks ago. The room itself is beautiful, Daisy was really nice, and it was reasonably priced (just includes tables, chairs, and room rental). You bring your own liquor, but she'll provide a bartender if your caterer doesn't have one.  It really depends on how big your guest list is.  When we were there, it was set for a wedding of 102 (including a sweet heart table) and it was TIGHT!  They did have a buffet, which took up some extra space in a corner, but even the tables set for 102 left no dance floor.  It was just too tight for our guest list of 111.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    psuxray07psuxray07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I see you say you might be sure on who you're booking with (I'm a little late here, lol), but I'm getting married at Lauxmont Farms.  It's in Wrightsville, which is right by Columbia.  It's a beautiful 1400 acre farm overlooking the Susquehanna River.  You can bring in ANY vendor you want.  Any caterer, your own alcohol...  they have a florist and decorator in the family (which we are using), and a photographer that deals with the venue (a little expensive for us).  But we're happy with them, just an option!
    *12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards