Chit Chat

VOWS or Bridal expo?

Which is better: VOWS or bridal expos?

Re: VOWS or Bridal expo?

• I think you should wait until you're engaged to start attending bridal expos.  
    DSC_9275
  • Definitely wait until you are engaged. Also, I regret the Bridal Expo I went to. I had to turn the ringer off my phone for 2 months afterward.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • All I'm wanting is to get some ideas.  There are not a lot of expos in the area.  I am one of those "the early bird gets the worm" kinda people.  I'm very realistic about what I can/can't have.
  • When I first got engaged I went to about 15 bridal shows. Guess what....I wasted all that time, money and gas because I didn't use any vendor that were at the shows, and I didn't use any ideas that came from them. If you have to drive that far for a show, it's not worth it. You can get endless ideas and vendors with the click of a mouse. Don't waste your time.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_vows-or-bridal-expo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f76f4d1-3065-496b-9aa3-8d51b260037ePost:4d0be85f-96f1-4d52-86c8-45fd7a5364b7">VOWS or Bridal expo?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I would also like to bring my mom with us and tell her.  I know she'll be happy for me.  Do you think this is a good idea?
    Posted by Angiewy[/QUOTE]

I would wait until you are engaged to tell your mother. I would wait until you are engaged to tell anyone for that matter.
    Anniversary
  • Cooper is right- be prepared for a lot of junk mail and phone calls. In order to enter in any of the "giveaways" you have to give them your name address email and phone number. Not worth it.
    Anniversary
  • allychaseallychase member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I don't really know why you'd be going to bridal shows if you aren't engaged. This has nothing to do with early bird gets the worm, all of those same vendors will still be available for your imaginary date two years down the road. Not to mention I agree with everyone else who says they're a waste of time. Ive had to unsuscribe from more emails than i can count, and the vendors sell your email to other companies you want nothing to do with, and when all is said and done youll need a new email account. Use Pinterest for ideas. Btw none of the vendors will take you seriously and think you're wasting their time due to the fact you aren't a bride.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also why do your Facebook friends know your boyfriend has your ring picked out? Why would you post that?
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It isn't a good idea to pre-plan.  Without a budget or guest list you are wasting your time at a bridal expo.  

Wait until you are engaged.  It sounds like at the most you only have 6 months to wait.  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_vows-or-bridal-expo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f76f4d1-3065-496b-9aa3-8d51b260037ePost:4d0be85f-96f1-4d52-86c8-45fd7a5364b7">VOWS or Bridal expo?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which is better: VOWS or bridal expos?
    Posted by Angiewy[/QUOTE]

Just so you know deleting or editing your OP when you don't get the answers you want is considered rude and in bad form.

As PP have said. Take a step back and wait until you get engaged before even thinking about anything wedding related.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What's with the edit? Newcomers to the thread can tell by our responses there was more to your original post, so changing it just looks silly and like you have something to hide.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_vows-or-bridal-expo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f76f4d1-3065-496b-9aa3-8d51b260037ePost:1b14d60e-7f33-45a9-9f39-585ee5ec8f35">Re:VOWS or Bridal expo?</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF is with all the DD's lately?
    Posted by coopergirl15[/QUOTE]

It's newbies not getting validation for bad ideas.

• I'm so sad that the original wasn't 'capped, and even sadder that she didn't try to post this shiz on NEY.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_vows-or-bridal-expo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4f76f4d1-3065-496b-9aa3-8d51b260037ePost:2665f0e8-7428-498e-a200-68fa86b8e9c4">Re:VOWS or Bridal expo?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happens after every major holiday.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see what New Years brings next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards