Oklahoma
Options

Wedding Cake

WOW... this message board has been transformed.  I posted this earlier today (before the big change), but it looks like it didn't make it over with the transition, so I appologize if it showed up again later.

FI are stuck between Mishelle Handy Cakes and Amy Cakes.  Amy gave us 4 samples of cake, filling and icings of our choice, so we have a really good idea of what her cake tastes like.  We also really like her.  Mishelle only provided us one small slice of cake with two filling samples and her buttercream icing, so its hard to know what her cake is really like, like chocolate for example.  She also didn't seem as open and flexible with cake size and design as the 3 other bakers we met with.  But she has amazing reviews from the vendors I'm using...

so i want to hear it from real brides.  Does anyone have any feedback about either of these bakers?

TIA!
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Cake

• Options
    dawgfan82dawgfan82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are using Amy cakes. She was the easiest to get along with and she really understood what we wanted to do-plus her cake samples were AMAZING! Shes been great and I would recommend anyone to her. Obviously we havent seen the final product yet but a couple of my friends have used her for their weddings and they loved her too and everyone raved about how yummy her cake was. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used amy cakes for our grooms cake - it was an airstream trailer with a red velvet cake base and chocolate cake for the "trailer" and it was AWESOME - looked great and tasted amazing.  I don't know the other baker you mention, so I can't compare, but was 100% pleased with Amy.
    imageimage
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  I called Mishelle Handy back to discuss cake size again now that I know exactly what I want and she is really not too flexible and told me she would not do what I was wanting when all the other bakers didn't even hesitate.

After that, and then reading these posts, I think we will be going with Amy Cakes! :)

Thanks Girls!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    rckstr773rckstr773 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    is amys cakes based out of okc i am looking for cakes to 
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, she has a shop in Norman.  She is delivering my cake to Guthrie though, so don't let the fact that she is in Norman keep you from checking her out!  We have been really happy with her so far.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hayley.andrewhayley.andrew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy is amazing, good choice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards