Florida-Central Florida
Options

help before the dam breaks!

I'm am literally on the verge of tears, or running around in circles screaming. I haven't decided yet.  I started my new job (which I like and I am grateful for) and have been overwhelmed with training.  It's a 3 week process, and lots of information to take in and remember.  I'm starting week 2.  On top of that, plans fell through to work on wedding stuff this weekend due to unforseen circumstances.  Now...I'm 24 days way from my wedding, fiances are tight and money is coming in last minute.  I am so stressed and overwhelmed mentally that I don't even want to think about wedding stuff. :( It doesn't help that I'm late for my monthly either.  *sigh*  does the stress go away???  Will it only get worse???  My mom and sisters (BM) live in NC, my maid of honor is 9 months pregnant, my schedule is all jacked up (some evenings, some mornings) so I can't sleep, and FI and I have been arguing more often.  I just want to cry..or eat lots of chocolate!!!  Any advice or encouragment???

Ok, I'm done complaining.  Off to work soon.

Re: help before the dam breaks!

• Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take a few deep breaths and a few shots of rum/vodka (whatever you choose)! lol Just realize that things are going to happen however they happen and take things day by day... it will all get better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *hug*

I'm so sorry honey. Do something nice for yourself - away from everyone else involved with the wedding. Get a facial, get a massage, something where you can relax. It will be worth the money (and I can recommend a massage therapist if you need one). After that give your FI a big hug and tell that man you love him and that everything's going to work out ok. Because it will. Do you have a planner or a person in charge for the day-of? Talk to that person and try to revamp your plans where possible. Sit with FI and lay out everything that still needs to be done, and distribute it as evenly as you can over the next couple of weeks. Start calling in favours with people to get help with stuff like printing programmes or assembling favours or whatever. Anything that can be done by someone else, try to get that to happen. It doesn't matter if it's not on your checklist until next week, you'll feel better having something else taken care of. Or ask some of us! We've offered to help before and I'd say it's a safe bet that offer still stands. ;)

Breathe in, breathe out. You'll make it through. :)
  • Options
    ericak926ericak926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Stress Twin!
    I am right with ya on the stress level. I actually (and I can't believe I am going to write this), broke down, fell to the floor, and flailed my arms and legs, then cried and screamed, like a 2 year old having a hissy fit last night. Yup, that's me. One crazy wack job.
    Strangely enough my blood pressure isn't sky high. I'm finding that crying and working out helps me. Not at the same time though. I'm an emotional eater and with 18 days left until my big day, I can't afford to gain any weight and not fit in my dress although all I want to do is get a dang chocolate milkshake right now.
    I have no "me" time other than going to the gym for an hour so I wish I could have a spa day but I know that my mind would be running in circles and I wouldn't be able to sit still. So I cry and workout. One relieves the emotion and the other takes my mind off of everything.
    Don't worry though! It will all be over soon, or at least that is what everyone keeps telling me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE] I'm an emotional eater and with 18 days left until my big day, I can't afford to gain any weight and not fit in my dress although all I want to do is get a dang chocolate milkshake right now.Posted by ericak926[/QUOTE]

Might I suggest chocolate protein power, ice cubes and fruit. That's what I drink now when I want a milkshake!

If you girls need any help don't be afraid to yell our way, I know I haven't made a GTG yet, but I'm always willing to spend some time tackling projects for someone if need be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    ericak926ericak926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_before-dam-breaks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:74baa6db-0dbd-4f6b-95c8-091eb333a6c0Post:b0a91007-0655-4526-8023-26e6e5bc48df">Re: help before the dam breaks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Might I suggest chocolate protein power, ice cubes and fruit. That's what I drink now when I want a milkshake!
    Posted by meghanmcadams[/QUOTE]
    Boring! LOL! I want some greasy, fatty, flavorful, un-heatlhy food!!! This sudden craving for loads of goodies could be do the fact that I've been on a wedding diet for the last 8 weeks. I think I might try your protein shake recipe. Sounds healthy and yummy. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hell then I say go for the milkshake, I know I would!

Personally I had to lock my file cabinet at work because I have leftover candy from an event in it, its just bad news!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    all I can say is breathe! I get overwhelmed too and have not yet mastered completely dealing with it! I actually just got really overwhelmed about the budget and told FI that we couldnt have sparklers (they are 40 cents each and def wont break our budget) and he laughed at me and made me send him by budget speadsheet and he changed some things that I hadnt done yet and magically we were back on track. I guess I just got overwhelmed because we had to rent chairs that I wasn't planning on doing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Girls, for all the encouragment and advice!!!  After a few tears, a long evening at work, and sleeping in this morning I feel a little better.  Still a little overwhelmed, and definitely stressed, but better.  I deligated a few tasks to FI for this week and also FMIL.  I'll talk to my mom tonight, and focus on making lists tomorrow on my day off!  I'll keep ya'll posted!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards