Maine
Options

Checks and Goals

Last week I got our cake taken care of (after dealing with a baker who I met with and never heard from again) and finally ended my indecisiveness with centerpieces. There'll be 3 round vases, floating white and yellow rose petals and a candle floating on top. Picture something similar to this..

This week I'm hoping to do a few other things I've put off! I REALLY need to call our caterer, the more I procrastinate on that one the more I dread making the call to cancel. My FSILs also need to order their dresses and I need to get going on addressing/printing on our envelopes for invites, I've got about 3 weeks to go before the date I'd like to send them out.

What are everyone's goals for the week? How are the ladies with a rapidly approaching date doing?

Re: Checks and Goals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that centerpiece photo!  I think that'll look great. 

We've been try to sort out our music choices and timeline.  We've been getting supplies for the welcome bags, and hope to work on those over the next 2 weeks.  FI is working on cleaning and painting these windows we purchased to write our menu on.

ETA: And, I forgot, we're counting our numbers as our RSVPs come in!
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Britt - I'm kind of like when we'd be getting really close to competition time and I'd be freaking out but I'd be trying not to let it show too much because then the girls would freak out too?  Ya, that's where I am right now.  Internal freak out with an external "Everything's great!"

I had my first fitting on Sunday and the only thing I need to add is a bustle.  We did tuxes last week too, so that's out of the way.  RSVPs are slowly rolling in too.  I love rushing home every day to see how many more arrived!

I need to get working on some of the craftier projects that take some time.  I have to keep reminding myself that I have a full month before the wedding off, but I still have so much to do during that time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha Holly! I remember those days, it seems like yesterday! Can you believe it's been about 10 years since I cheered for you?! I'm doing the same thing..it usually starts with a heavy sigh, then "it's going to be a great day no matter what!" ;) You know my mother pretty well..enough said. Her and Zac are like oil and water so it makes it stressful trying to keep everyone happy all the time! All the RSVP's for both of you must be exciting! People saying they got our magnets and looking at our website was big and made it feel real, I can't imagine what it'll be like to get them back. Good luck with all the plans this week!
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Hi!  My name is Brittany.  My mom told me to smile and yell really loud!"  Yes, it does seem like yesterday! 

I honestly can't even imagine what condition I'd be in if a) My mom lived closer and b) Her and Eric didn't always mix well.  She comes up once a month and that's good enough! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards