Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Outdoor Wedding Venues in DFW

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an outdoor wedding venue in DFW with pretty reasonable prices. Any ideas or good recommendations? Thank you!

Re: Outdoor Wedding Venues in DFW

• Options
    Do you have a section of Dallas in mind? What is a reasonable price for you? Did you want to get married on a Saturday, or a less popular day of the week? Saturdays are most expensive for most venues, but you can save a lot of money on a great venue by having a Friday or Sunday wedding.
  • Options
    A few off the top of my head....

Spring Park Community Center, Garland
    Fairy Tale Manor, Frisco
    A and M Gardens, Azle
    Rock Creek Ranch, McKinney
    Reflections, Plano
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I loved winechic's and rcpm's weddings at La Buena Vida, but it is ALL outdoor, even reception.  You can, of course, get tents.

Winfrey Point/Filter Building on White Rock Lake have great rates (better if you are a Dallas resident), so those are probably the most popular.  But they book up really, really quickly.

What time of year are you planning on getting married?  I know outdoor weddings are beautiful, but I would caution you against an outdoor wedding in, say, the middle of July.  If this warm spring is any indication, we are headed for another record-breaking summer heat wave!
    Anniversary

• Options
    The OP's profile says September 30.

Texas Discovery Gardens at Fair Park
    Colleyville Center 

And of course the Arboretum which has pretty reasonable ceremony options, but reception is another story. And of course, I can name a ton that aren't so "reasonable!"

I came across this blog once and it has some other ideas.

http://www.jonathanivyphoto.com/blog/venues/outdoor-wedding-venues-in-dallas/
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the responses. I am planning on getting married in October 2012. We don't mind outside everything. But we are trying to keep the entire reception cost (cake, flowers, DJ, and catering) under $7000. 

Thanks again! 
  • Options
    The Wildwood Inn is in Denton
    1899 Farmhouse in Princeton
    Myers Park and Event Center in McKinney

These are a couple that come to mind.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Depending on how many ppl you're having, you could possibly do that at La Buena Vida with the right vendor line-up. My wedding was October 15 of this last year, and I LOVED our space. That said, we did a LOT to it. You can look a few posts down at my wedding video highlight I posted to get a feel for the ceremony space and what the reception looked like. If you want more info or pictures, let me know, I can send you some links. LBV is off Main Street in Grapevine.
  • Options
    Great! I'll definitely take a look. We are planning on 150 or less. 
  • Options
    I'm also a La Buena Vida Bride, and except for flowers and candles I didn't add a lot more to the space. No uplighting or additional. We probably had a tighter budget than winechic--although I loved her uplighting! Both of our wedding's were in October and were blessed with good weather.

I can send you the price sheet, if that helps, just message me your email address. I can tell you right now we spent over $7,000 on the items you listed.

I loved the venue, but you can very easily go over your budget with just food, venue and wine/beer. That said it's such a pretty venue that you could get away without doing to much decorating to it in my opinion.

My wedding photos:
    http://photobucket.com/pugawedding
    password: Texas2011

I originally tried to get Winfrey Point because it fit our budget better, but it was booked. In the end we really just fell in love with this venue.

• Options
    prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    The Orchard in Azle
    Chandor Gardens
    Clark Gardens
    The Parsons Table

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards