Hawaii
Options

Oahu Beach Wedding

Everyone is cancelling on me and I just might have 10-12 guests that are coming to our wedding in Hawaii. I was thinking of having a beach ceremony wedding instead and have dinner at La Mer in Halekulani.

Do any of you ladies know which beach I should have my wedding at? I want it to be near the hotel, Halekulani.  Also, how does the beach permit work?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Re: Oahu Beach Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    take a look at this link and it shows you what forms you need to fill out:
    http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/land/forms-1/forms

if you call the number, the person who answers the phone is extremely helpful.  says nobody is denied a permit and you can basically get one in a day or two.  we were initially deterred by the insurance requirement but he said that's not a big deal, about $85 from some online places.

coordinators can def help you out!  some though, like dianna shitanishi don't do beach weddings unless it's mon-thurs and fewer than 20 ppl...

good luck!
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We originally wanted a beach wedding but found about the beach regulations and no set-up.   We also found out some didn't do beach weddings on weekends because the beaches were so busy with locals and we may not have any privacy
  • Options
    littlelilly71littlelilly71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a small beach wedding with just my parents and my kids.I got married on waialae beach and had dinner at plumeria restraunt at the kahala resort.The restraunt were wonderful,i sent them all my decorations and got flowers delivered and they did a beautiful job setting our table.The veiw was beautiful and waiter gave us 110% service.
    I went through www.hawaiianeyeweddings it is a husband and wife team they also gave 110% the video they made was beautiful we are so happy we have it,he sure has alot of talent.The picture are also beautiful to,but if it was in my budget I would of hire shawn star or frank amato,I love their style.
  • Options
    TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you wanted something close and beautiful to the Halekulani, I would suggest Magic Island at Ala Moana Beach Park. It's less than a 5 minute drive west from the Halekulani. You can get your beach pictures in as well as some lovely city and Diamond Head views. Lots of parking and easy to get to.

Dinner at LaMer, yum!!

a+k

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for all your advice! Let the planning begin.

TripleAubs - Where did you have your wedding at?
  • Options
    TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the ceremony was at Central Union Church/Atherton Memorial Chapel (seats 200, but they also have a smaller chapel that seats 20)  and our reception was in Kahala at our friend's house.

a+k

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards