Jewish Weddings
Options

glass cup to go inside kiddush cup

I have a kiddush cup that my grandmother gave me that I'd like to use in our ceremony.  It's silver, and it needs a glass cup to go inside it.  Does anyone know anywhere online to find the glass insert?  I don't have a Judaica store in my area, although I might call the shul gift shop, I'm not too hopeful.  Thanks!

Re: glass cup to go inside kiddush cup

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a picture? I am kind of confused about what you need.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you just stick a paper or plastic cup inside?
  • Options
    LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly what you need, but, I don't have a clue where to find it.  Try calling J. Levine and asking them.  I bet they'd know.  The only problem is that there might be different sizes. 

http://www.levinejudaica.com/catalog/index.php
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions so far.  Lisa, I looked at the site, and I don't see any kiddush cups like mine, so I'm wondering if it's a really old style?  I will give them a call, though.  

Here are some pictures.  I took a picture looking at the inside, too.  It doesn't particularly look like something you'd drink from, and my grandma said it needed a glass inside when she gave it to me.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So you want something like this:
    http://www.cblfineart.com/weglkicup.html

I have no idea where you would get one specifically for that, but I would go to Bed Bath and Beyond or someplace similar and try and find a glass cup that would fit as well. Maybe a handleless measuring cup?
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, something like that, MLRB.  I'm sure that it's not just a standard size.  I think I will just start bringing the cup with me wherever I go and taking it into stores that seem like they might have something.  
  • Options
    dombygatenbydombygatenby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about one of those plastic wine glasses where the bottom comes off? I'm guessing you could get one of those at the grocery store. You wouldn't have to put the bottom part on and maybe that would fit?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards