Hawaii

Tried to make a bouquet today... PIP

So to save money, since I'm now splurging on Dan Sanchez & Jessica Waite, I tried my hand at making a bouquet. I had some lilies from the FI this week and using ribbon, floral tape, and pins I went for it. It's about 6" around so it would technically be for my MOH. I feel better about it, I just hope the stores in Maui have a good selection for me to choose from. Let me know what you think! Have a great weekend!!!Kiss

Wedding Countdown Ticker
image139 Were invited to paradise!
image 39 Are ready to party!
image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
image 0 Need to check their mail!

Re: Tried to make a bouquet today... PIP

• TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that looks great! you are so talented... I really don't think I'd be able to do that!

a+k

Photobucket

• fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, awesome!  Looking good  :)  Don't think I would have the skills to do it either!  From what I saw, the floral selection at Safeway on Maui was pretty good.  

If you want particular florals, you could order them through Maui Florals and pick them up from Costco.  Maui Florals was awesome to work with and reasonably priced!  :)

• edited December 2011
    You did a great job! Props!

Ditto Maui Florals. Great prices.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, nicely done! that looks great. Also, AK I love the new siggy pic!
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! I guess I should practice too because I decided to make my own for the AHR since I'll just be using it to walk in and then toss it.  I hope mine comes out just as nice!!  Any tips?!?
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!  We made our own BM bouquets, and I loved how they turned out.  Just make sure you bring all the supplies, and you're good to go.
  • edited December 2011

You did a wonderful job! Very talented. I am sure that the stores in Maui will have a great selection for you to choose from.

• tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! My only tip would be to try and use flowers that are not at delicate and leave enough of the stem at the bottom exposed so you can sit it in water when not in use. It took like 7min, and the white pins are from my cork board lol. I forgot to buy floral pins but I don't think it looks too bad. I have heard great things about Maui florals. Does anyone have a price sheet, or willing to share actual costs? Please PM me it would be very helpful!! Thanks ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • edited December 2011
    That is great!  I am planning to do my own bouquets too :)  I have looked on youtube for ideas because I am planning to use cym orchids and garden roses and lilies.  Soo.. got some useful tips.  I have practiced on silk flowers and did like a ribbon criss cross design.  I am planning to do them the night before so I am sure they will be okay in water, in the fridge overnight!!  Definitely will be packing floral tape and wires!  Awesome job!! :)
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on telling you the same thing about Maui Floral. I've already talked to them and they were so nice.  They are able to do everything I want except for the bridal leis.

You did a great job on yours!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_tried-bouquet-today-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:a9896622-cb8e-499d-9c3c-73720710477bPost:32a10452-0249-48ef-828b-ea7088e365bc">Re: Tried to make a bouquet today... PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, awesome!  Looking good  :)  Don't think I would have the skills to do it either!  From what I saw, the floral selection at Safeway on Maui was pretty good.   If you want particular florals, you could order them through Maui Florals and pick them up from Costco.  Maui Florals was awesome to work with and reasonably priced!  :)
    Posted by fabutan[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards