Christian Weddings
Options

Wednesday QOTD

What was/is your weddingcake flavor? Why did you choose that? If you didn't/aren't having cake, what are you having?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wednesday QOTD

• Options
    I am obsessed with cupcakes so we are having cupcakes and a small 2 tier cake for us to come into. Our colors are orange and lime and I wanted that to carry over into the cake. FI loves anything key lime so we are having a key lime flavor cupcake w/ lime curd, a orange creamsicle flavor w/ orange curd and a vanilla cupcake w/ raspberry filling.

Our 2 tier cake will be key lime on top and vanilla w/ raspberry fillling on the bottom.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We are having 4 tiers. 2 of those tiers will be funfetti with buttercream and the other 2 tiers will be amaretto with amaretto!

We absolutely love funfetti- it's very festive and very us! Plus, we wanted to keep our cake simple flavor wise. We will be cutting this layer and I think it'll look great in pictures!

Our favorite flavor is almond though! We decided to go with the amaretto since it's almond liquor and it is a bit more powerful than just the regular almond. With the amaretto and the amartto filling these 2 layers of cake will be super flavorful! 

We can't wait!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I left everything in the hands of my baker/good friend lol! I sent her a couple inspiration picture and that's all. I know that one of tiers will be marble though, she knows that's FI's favourite, and I know one will be red velvet as she knows that's my favourite, she told us that much lol 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We had a cupcake tower with a small one-tier cake on top for cutting.  I LOVE vanilla, so our top cake was vanilla with vanilla buttercream and some simple fondant decorations.  (I'm one of those weird people who even likes to eat fondant, lol.)

There were three flavors of cupcakes:  vanilla with vanilla buttercream icing (like the top tier), chocolate with vanilla buttercream icing, and red velvet with cream cheese icing.  The flavors were inspired by our color scheme (black, white, and red) but are also pretty much my three favorite cake flavors.  I'm a pretty simple girl, haha.

DH's grooms cake was a 2-tier chocolate cake with chocolate icing.  The top tier had pieces of bacon in the choclate icing filling between the two layers.  DH LOVES bacon.  It was a bit salty but not half bad.  Would have been better if the cake was dark chocolate instead of milk (thought I had asked for dark but oh well).
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    We have 3 tiers, each with a different flavor. 

Our top layer is chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate ganache between the cake and mousse. 

The middle layer is pudding chiffon which is a white cake mixed, a vanilla pudding mousse filling, and thin layers of rasberry and lemon

The bottom layer is strawberry parfait, which is white cake with fresh strawberry in the batter and strawberry mousse filling. 

We picked them because they were so dang tasty!  And we picked 3 different flavors because we couldn't decide on just 1!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    We had Lemon Cake with Strawberry filling (tasted just like strawberry lemonde), Chocolate with Raspberry Filling, White with Bavarian Cream, and Chocolate with chocolate filling.  It was amazing!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wednesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0c075530-50a2-432f-926d-02a3a6a14ddfPost:c0a45284-41af-4dc9-8696-56f0a1f69a76">Re: Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having 4 tiers. 2<strong> of those tiers will be funfetti with buttercream</strong> and the other 2 tiers will be amaretto with amaretto! We absolutely love funfetti- it's very festive and very us! Plus, we wanted to keep our cake simple flavor wise. We will be cutting this layer and I think it'll look great in pictures! Our favorite flavor is almond though! We decided to go with the amaretto since it's almond liquor and it is a bit more powerful than just the regular almond. With the amaretto and the amartto filling these 2 layers of cake will be super flavorful!  We can't wait!
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]
    This is just amazing! I never thought to do funfetti! I bet your guests are going to love that
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wednesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0c075530-50a2-432f-926d-02a3a6a14ddfPost:84c6d3ea-9d59-482c-88a7-218a1b293bdb">Re: Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had Lemon Cake with Strawberry filling (tasted just like strawberry lemonde), Chocolate with Raspberry Filling, White with Bavarian Cream, and Chocolate with chocolate filling.  It was amazing!!
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]
    just a curious question.....who did your cake? I know you got married in Roanoke and was just wondering who your baker was.
  • Options
    We plan on having a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. We are obsessed with red velvet but we have not had out tasting yet. Our venue has a bakery and we tried their cakes before so I am not worried.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Traditional pound cake, chocolate pound cake, and lemon pound cake.  Our top layer was spice pound cake - t's in the IL's freezer.  The whole thing was frosted with buttercream frosting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ours was mostly chocolate with bavarian cream filling and very thin buttercream frosting (H and I both dislike frosting), but we had one layer of vanilla because my grandma doesn't like chocolate.  The vanilla had raspberry filling.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wednesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0c075530-50a2-432f-926d-02a3a6a14ddfPost:368b2b74-cc0c-454d-953b-3b3d920f1741">Re: Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours was mostly chocolate with bavarian cream filling and very thin buttercream frosting (<strong>H and I both dislike frosting</strong>), but we had one layer of vanilla because my grandma doesn't like chocolate.  The vanilla had raspberry filling.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

We weren't a fan of how sugary and heavy the frosting was, so we're having ours iced with whipped cream instead
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wednesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0c075530-50a2-432f-926d-02a3a6a14ddfPost:32d7fd71-c2ff-486f-a4dd-3a2a25a9a95c">Re: Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday QOTD : just a curious question.....who did your cake? I know you got married in Roanoke and was just wondering who your baker was.
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]<div>Gail Wilson.  Her daughter works with my mom.  She does cakes every weekend, but is only by word of mouth.  She used to go to the Bridal Show at the Civic Center but doesn't even do that anymore.  If you know anyone else getting married, I can get her contact info.  She actually got a TK award in 2010.  I smiled when I saw it sitting in her kitchen.  :)

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wednesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0c075530-50a2-432f-926d-02a3a6a14ddfPost:0db83fa0-3bf0-408a-adc2-a8194a2779e6">Re: Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday QOTD : Gail Wilson.  Her daughter works with my mom.  She does cakes every weekend, but is only by word of mouth.  She used to go to the Bridal Show at the Civic Center but doesn't even do that anymore.  If you know anyone else getting married, I can get her contact info.  She actually got a TK award in 2010.  I smiled when I saw it sitting in her kitchen.  :)
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

neat, I was just wondering.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We had two-tone cake (chocolate cake and yellow cake with filling in between), three tiers. The bottom and top tiers had French silk filling, and the middle tier had raspberry filling.

On a side note, when it comes time for our first anniversary, we will probably be eating our wedding cake for a month ... The top tier is 9"-by-9" and about 5 inches tall.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wednesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:0c075530-50a2-432f-926d-02a3a6a14ddfPost:c0a45284-41af-4dc9-8696-56f0a1f69a76">Re: Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having 4 tiers. 2 of those tiers will be funfetti with buttercream and the other 2 tiers will be amaretto with amaretto! <strong>We absolutely love funfetti-</strong> it's very festive and very us! Plus, we wanted to keep our cake simple flavor wise. We will be cutting this layer and I think it'll look great in pictures! Our favorite flavor is almond though! We decided to go with the amaretto since it's almond liquor and it is a bit more powerful than just the regular almond. With the amaretto and the amartto filling these 2 layers of cake will be super flavorful!  We can't wait!
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Funfetti is my favorite! We didn't have it for the wedding, though. Our wedding cake flavors were white cake with raspberry buttercream filling and chocolate chip cake with chocolate buttercream filling. </div>
  • Options
    We had three tiers on our wedding cake plus a groom's cake.  The flavors were:

1.  Lemon cake with raspberry filling
    2.  Chocolate cake with cherry filling
    3.  White cake (almond flavored) with chocolate buttercream frosting filling
    4.  Chocolate cake with orange creamsicle mousse filling

I only tried #3 and #4.  They were both yummy!  Now I want cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards