Ohio-Columbus

Plus Sizes Dresses in Columbus, Ohio

Looking for some tips and guidance for dress shopping and purchasing for a plus sized bride. Any tips/ shops/ experiences/ reviews are welcomed as I begin this Process in Columbus, Ohio. Thanks!

Re: Plus Sizes Dresses in Columbus, Ohio

• best place i went to is Davids Bridal, they have a lot of plus sized options. However... I went to perfect weddings in Lancaster, and their selection for plus sizes isnt the best, i found the dress of my dreams there! Its gorgeous!

• Universe Bridal in Coshocton is UNBELIEVABLE (and well worth the drive.) They have an entire room dedicated to plus-sizes.  I was able to try on (and zip up!) every dress that I had an interest in.  The consultant who works there (Amanda, maybe?  I can't remember her  name...but I"m pretty sure she's the only one that works in bridal) is awesome -- she knows just when to step-in and when to let you have your space.  She's also a plus size, so she gets it.  You can spend hours going through the racks of dresses and trying things on -- no pressure, no rush, and you can ACTUALLY figure out what the dresses will look like when  they're zipped up.  I can't recommend them highly enough.  I also got my dress (a Mori Lee) for $500 less than the MSRP.  Their prices are very competitive.  If you're looking for the high-end, boutique-y experience....that's definitely not what you'll find, but if you're more laid-back and want time to explore and think on your own, Universe Bridal is a great.
  • I just got my dress at Alfred Angelo and they were wonderful.
  • amykluamyklu member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    The best place to go is Called Belle Bridal Boutique in Cincy (well right across the river in KY). She specifies in plus size bridal only and is AMAZING. That is where I got my dress at and trust me it is worth the drive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards