August 2013 Weddings
Options

CHECK: BM Dresses!

Originally we were going to wait to get BM dresses until the Lilly Pulitzer Warehouse Sale in June, but we ended up ordering these in soft fuchsia ( http://factory.jcrew.com/womens-clothing/dresses/PRDOVR~37027/37027.jsp ).  Everyone liked them (which was a shock given everyone's different styles) and it'll go perfectly with our green and pink color scheme.  Plus they were a great price.  

We'll probably get cute printed Lilly dresses for our flower girls at the sale this summer.  The GMs are just going to wear black suits with a pink tie and green rose bout.

What is everyone doing for WP attire?

Re: CHECK: BM Dresses!

• Options
    I love it! So simple, and the color is very pretty.

I took my bridal party shopping for their dresses, and they ended up choosing a long navy blue halter dress. TBH, they didnt have much choice on the length bc my FSIL was dead set on long, so we were just like ok whatev.

They're classy. Its all good!
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Options
    That's a very cute dress and one they can definitely wear again for other occasions!

We just picked ours out 2 weeks ago from David's Bridal.

Bridesmaids in ameythst:

Maid & Matron of honor in blush:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Going shopping with the girls this weekend!

Did you ask your mom to go with you? Mine just emailed me asking if she was invited. Since she's paying for a lot of the wedding I said yes haha
  • Options
    I'm having a part Hindu wedding and I was going to have the girls wear salwar suits, but they can be hard to get. There's some websites that sell them, but they sell out of a style and you can never get it again! If I want that, I'll have to coordinate the exact day all my girls order theirs (luckily I only have three girls).
  • Options
    The dresses are very cute! I'm stressing about this- I've searched online but not gone yet. I have 2 out of state and 1 prego then 3 wanting to lose weight. I've been putting it off. I think I need to go by myself to see what I like then organize them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Very cute! We didn't order the BM dresses yet, though I really need to get a move on, eep!

This is the dress I picked: http://sophiatolli.com/evening-dresses/by11179/?fc=

MOH will be in champagne blonde (a shimmery, goldish yellow) and my BMs in dark purple.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    princess- my MOH and SIL were dead set on straps and the my other BMs wanted strapless so this was our compromise.

monique- your BM dresses are really pretty.  I love how light and flowy they look.

jenna- I didn't ask my mom to go with us, because we shopped online.  However, my mom was going to go to the Lilly sale with us orignally and she did give her stamp of approval on these dresses before they were ordered.  (my parents are also paying for most of the wedding)

rm1982- Hope you can find something you love

mrsrutkowski- my BMs are also all over the East Coast from Philly to Miami so picking one online and getting their opinions was the easiest way to go.  My SIL is also trying to lose weight, but she wanted to buy a dress now and alter it later if necessary.

xxstardust- Those dresses are beautiful

• Options
    Love the dress you chose, very classy & beautiful.

I let each of my girls choose their own dress as long as they came in the same color. Heres what they went with.All three dresses will be the Grey color of the first dress. This way they all have a dress that suits their body type and that they will feel good in.

• Options
    RailWayWife: I like how they chose dresses that are somewhat similar but still unique, very nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went about a month ago. All the girls picked out different dresses which is exactly what I wanted. We are getting them from davids bridal and are ordering them sometimes next month! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    teachmegs1teachmegs1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_check-bm-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:e4f77a7e-a3bc-4948-9839-a0fa1dff5f15Post:d02658fb-887d-46e5-b423-49041d667f3a">Re: CHECK: BM Dresses!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a very cute dress and one they can definitely wear again for other occasions! We just picked ours out 2 weeks ago from David's Bridal. Bridesmaids in ameythst: Maid & Matron of honor in blush:
    Posted by MoniqueAbrahamsen[/QUOTE]

I love that color combo. I liked this dress a lot too! With our venue/theme we're going for it wouldn't have worked, but I really liked this dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

3 of my girls are wearing the strapless style, and the other 3 are wearing the cap sleeve style. They are from DB, which is where I bought my dress. The color is called bluebird that they ordered it in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards