Michigan-Lansing
Options

eagle eye food tasting

So my fiance called about when we can do the tasting and they told them that we are to pick 2 dishes to taste? We are planning on serving chicken and a vegetarian dish. But does this make sense? I mean what is the point of the tasting if on the menu we are narrowed down to two? What if we do not like these? Isn't the point of the tasting to try at least a few dishes and then pick the ones that you like? Please tell me my fiance just wasn't listening :(((

Ann and Brett 10.9.10

Re: eagle eye food tasting

• Options
    aaf10aaf10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mean they told "him" not them.

Thanks!
    Ann and Brett 10.9.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure your FI was in fact listening as this is the exact same thing we were told when we called about a tasting ( at a different, but same type of venue ). Sorry.
    I told our venue we have picked two choices we want to try before we agree to pay $3500 and they see my point. If those two aren't all we expected we will have time to change our menu.

Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Anniee1963Anniee1963 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At the tasting we went to a year ago, each couple was asked to pick their 2 choices, but there were many, many other couples there, so there was almost every dish available to sample. I think they are just trying to gauge how much they need of what, and what people actually want to try. I think there was maybe only 2 or 3 dishes that were not avaible for sampling. Hopefully they still do it the same way... I'm sure they probably do!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    msmith1983msmith1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance and I went just last month. You choose what you would like to try, and then there were almost 30 people there! Lots of food. Almost all of the choices (minus the expensive ones!)

Plenty to choose from. And lots of vegetarian dishes. I would definitely recommend going. we were able to decide on our menu that night.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my tasting in March at Eagle Eye and they had virtually everthing on the menu! The only thing they didn't have was the Prime Rib. Basically, they put everyone in the HIllside Room and they set it up buffet style and you can try as much (or as little) as you want. They had all the beef dishes, chicken, vegetarian, etc. They had appetizers, potatoes, rice, veggies... Bring cash if you want a glass of wine though!

I would recommend trying things that you weren't originally going to pick. I thought we knew EXACTLY what we were going to get but I didn't like it once I tried it. We are going with the Saltimbocca Chicken for our wedding (May 14) and Prime Rib.

GOod luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you going to a group tasting?  If so, EVERYONE picks two and EVERYONE tries all the dishes.  We did private and were able to chose 4.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this is late... but we are doing a private tasting too because I'm out of state and can't make one of their group events.

We are able to choose 4. I wish I could go to a group tasting, though, because I'd love to try more!
  • Options
    sarcole530sarcole530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree with PP's, when I did my food tasting at Eagle Eye they let us pick two entrees to sample, but there were about 50 other people there, so we got to try almost everything that was on the menu. It was really nice and helpful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards