Destination Weddings Discussions

Less than 2 weeks to go and venue troubles

I just need a moment to vent.

Our destination elopement to Florida is less than 2 weeks away and I got a call from our coordinator. Our venue, booked and paid for, is now under construction. She's scrambling to find us another location. If the cost is higher, they will pay the difference. She's trying to do right by us, but I'm super stressed. We can't change any of our travel plans so it has to be that day. I'm thinking if she can't find anything, then we might just have to head to the local city hall. That would be totally disappointing.

Between the stress of my grandfather forced post elopement spur of the moment reception a month after we get back I've been trying to pull together and now this, I feel like I'm about to crack.

Re: Less than 2 weeks to go and venue troubles

• Oh man I'm sorry to hear that.  You think everything is set in stone and then they change their plans.  Why did they allow you guys to book if they knew they were going to close? So stupid.
    Well just hang in there and wait to see what the wedding coordinator can do.  Hopefully she can pull through for you guys.
    It's hard not to stress but just stay cool, you can't change anything so let wc try to fix it.
    Good Luck!
  • chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    Well at least you didn't find out the day you got there.  (Sorry, I'm an optimist.  lol)  Florida is beautiful and since it's an elopement at least you can pretty much go anywhere without inconveniencing 100 guests.  Even if you just pick a beautiful park or even a hotel with a pretty gazebo I'm sure you will still have an amazing wedding.  *HUG*  Dont' stress - planners have connections and there's always someone who owes them a favor.  Give her a chance and I bet she'll pull it off!
  • I am so sorry to hear this! I hope everything works out smoothly for you! Hang in there!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yuck! I'm so sorry! That's more annoying than anything! I hope they find something... can you just get married on the beach if nothing else is available?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm using destination weddings of orlando.

And really, they have been so easy to work with so far. I'm sure they'll come up with something. I'm just always on edge when I don't know what's going on.

Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone. I'll let you know how it all plays out.
  • HOOOOOORAY!

They came through with a new and confirmed venue. And it's even better than the orginal! I'm so excited and relieved. Such a great company to work with so far. Thanks everyone for the well wishes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards