South Carolina

A Charleston April 2012 Bride Looking for Advice

Hey everyone,

My name's Laura and I'm from Columbia, SC. My fiancée and I are getting married April '12 in Charleston, SC, and I have been scouring the boards looking for any sort of advice on how to have a wedding in Charleston for around $11K. So, I figured I'd post an entry of my own. 

Anyone know of any well-priced and professional vendors in Charleston? We are expecting about 125 guests. We would like to get married in a church and then move to a nice reception site. I need names for caterers, photographers, and hair & makeup as well. The more information, the better!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Laura
April 2012 Feb. Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon: Excellence, Dominican Republic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A Charleston April 2012 Bride Looking for Advice

• edited December 2011
    Hello there and it's really a good thing your looking this far out especially getting married during the month of April.  We looked long and hard and took advice from other brides and reviews.  We are using Duvall Catering www.eventsbyduvall.com for our catering.  Stella Nova for my hair and makeup www.stella-nova.com .  We spent most of our research on our photographer since that's what was most important for me.  We went with Chi Photography  www.chiphotographyofcharleston.com. Hope this helps I know it did for me when I was looking.   Good Luck!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Charleston in a month. I am using:
    Caterer: Cafe Catering
    Cake: Artistic Cakes by Linda
    Photographer: Amy Prikaszky
    DJ: Rob Duren
    Hair and Make-up: Chelsea (hair) and Jill (airbrush make-up) at Paloosh Salon
    Florist: Beth at Wildflowers
    Venue: Alhambra Hall in Mt. Pleasant
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There is a specific board separate from this one that is specifically for Charleston. I posted my vendor reviews for my wedding just this past April in Charleston.  HTH!
  • leffingleffing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions. My fiancee and I went weekend after weekend to Charleston and were unable to find what we were looking for. Fortunately, his parents are retired and are living in Myrtle Beach. His mother asked if I had considered getting married there and was even kind enough to scout out a couple of venues for us. Well, we fell IN LOVE with the plaza and ballroom at the Hilton in North Myrtle Beach. So, we booked the date! April 22nd 2012! I'm so excited! Now I have to make another post asking for advice on vendors there. Wink
    April 2012 Feb. Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon: Excellence, Dominican Republic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. We have been doing weddings in Charleston, SC now for over 20 yrs. There are tons of ways to keep your budget well under $10,000.
    For instance; we offer a Free Wedding Officiant and our photography pkgs. start at just $495! Imagine that.
    Feel free to visit our website and/or call us. My husband says I should become a wedding planner, but I just don't have the time!
    Thanks,
    Leslie
    http://www.charlestonweddingphotographers.com
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, CharlestonWedding - vendors can't post on here. It's in the TOS you agreed to when you signed up.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    "I Love LOADED"
    Unlimited time
    Unlimited Ultimate Edited Photographs
    Two Photographers
    Print Package (1) 16x20 (2) 11x14 (2) 8x10
    Photo DVD + Full Copyright of wedding images
    Formal Bridal Portraits AND Engagement Portraits
    w/ Enlargements. Photo DVD included also with portraits.
    (Portraits Can be done on Wedding Day)
    FREE Custom Hardbound Digital Storybook Wedding Album
    Online Photo Gallery
    $1995

Oops!
               This one fell outside the box...!!!
           Get "LOADED" for a ONE TIME payment of
                            JUST $1395!!

http://www.charlestonweddingphotographers.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards