Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

How long is too long for a song?

A lot of songs I am considering for father/daughter and first dance are kind of long songs. How long do you think is too long? I don't want to bore my guests, and my dance floor is in a different part than the dining room at my venue, so guests will be standing for this.

Thanks

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How long is too long for a song?

• Id say any longer than 3 1/2 minutes is too long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Actually I'd go even shorter than that given that guests have to stand for it.  Maybe 2 minutes, then either have the DJ fade the song, or invite guests to join you at that point.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Agreed, after about 2-2.5 minutes it gets kind of weird. Especially since your guests won't be able to sit and watch you. A good friend of mine just got married and it was a similar situation (the dance floor was separated from the dining area by a good bit of space and some waist high walls, so we all stood and watched before we joined in. The DJ forgot to fade the song or ask others to join. My friend said she felt awkward after a bit. 
  • Yeah I can definitely understand feeling awkward. As fast as it may go by for me, it may drag for a guest. Thanks for the input!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards