New Mexico
Options

Engagement Pictures in Albuquerque

Does anyone have any good ideas to get their engagement pictures done in the city of Albuquerque?? Usually people say to ask your photographer but our budget is really tight so for engagement a friend is taking them and we dont know the city real well.
We are hoping to find somewhere indoors because the weather has been extremely cold and we dont want all our pictures with jackets but even some outdoor suggestions would be great. I know they have museums here but which would be best and we would have to get creative in a museum. Any thoughts or suggestions about specific places in Albuquerque would be much appreciated!!!!! 

Re: Engagement Pictures in Albuquerque

• Options
    We wanted something fun and non-traditional. Our photographer (Ryan with Fizelwink Photography) was very cool with us being a geeky couple, and took us to I Scream Ice Cream for our photo shoot.

Here's a link to our gallery: http://www.pictage.com/client/event.do;jsessionid=67D3790AAE42652CD9BCA3CCD0A1E05B.appatt02c?event=1121514
    Let me know if it doesn't work or needs a password.

• Options
    What about the Balloon Musuem?  I think any of the musuems would be neat, or the Hispanic Cultural Center (think that's what it's called)? 
  • Options
    Thank! I love the knot for this reason!! going to google the Hispanic cultural center or something like that  right now!
    @SRNtobe-I do need a pw if you wouldnt mind messaging it thanks!
  • Options
    I am a photographer and mobile DJ in the Albuquerque area and have done a lot of engagement pictures. Some things to consider are: 1. yours and your fiances personalities. If you are laid back and relaxed, photos done around Corrales, the "bosque", or Old Town will give you a relaxed country feel.  If your are "Metro" personalities, you can have shots done downtown, at a museum, or professional building for a modern look.  If you want romantic, the lake area at UNM is a great place, or in studio with props. 

Other things I would suggest, don't skimp on the photos...the qualtiy is what will make them special. Use a photagrapher who knows what they are doing...even if they are not a professional.  There's a lot more to taking a photo than "point and click".  The processing of the photos after the shoot will make the difference in your photos looking like something uncle Bob did, or something special to celebrate the moment. There is a reason that photography is call "Art".

I understand that you are on a tight budget; however, not knowing how much you have to spend...you can also try asking your Wedding Photographer if he/she would consider doing your engagement photos as part of an overall package.  You can also check with local schools for photography students. I wish you the best!

My company is MUSICMIX.  We provide music and lighting, photography service, and event planning services.  I would be happy to meet with you and yours to discuss what we can do for you.  I have done many engagement package photo shoots for less than $300. If you would like more information on the services we can help you with, please feel free to call a 505-480-0774.  There is no charge for the initial consult and you may be surprised how affordable our professional services can be. 

Regards,
    Arthur Pedroncelli
    MUSICMIX
    Owner-DJ

• Options
    kjco photography did ours :) and I loved them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards