Ohio-Cincinnati

Caterer help! Eat Well and Cincinnati Cooks

Hi! 

We are deciding on a caterer and have narrowed it down to Eat Well and Cincinnati Cooks. Does anyone have reviews on either of them? I like Eat Well, but they seem expensive and gave us a quote with way more service staff than I think we need.

Katie
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Caterer help! Eat Well and Cincinnati Cooks

• edited March 2012
    These are a few reviews of Eat Well. We have a wedding of 60 people and have 4 wait staff and a bartender, though we are not going through either company. Not sure how many people they told you.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/eat-well-celebrations-and-feasts-newport

I didn't see anything for Cincinnati Cooks. I haven't heard of them. Sorry.
  • edited March 2012
    We had Eat Well cater our winter corporate party - I helped plan the event for about 600 people. They were great! The food was amazing, pleased even the pickiest of eaters and the staff was impeccable! Renee was great to work with and had everything planned to a T. I cannot say enough good things about them!

I would voice your concerns with Renee or whomever your representative is and ask them to explain the number of servers. It could be something your venue requires... staff to remove trash from the facility, or the kitchen is hard to work out of, etc. that someone else may not be considering. I know we were affected by something similar that increased our staffing needs for our winter party. 

I don't have any knowledge of Cincinnati Cooks. Good Luck!
  • Thanks!

Eat Well quoted us 7 wait staff, 1 captain, 1 kitchen attendent, 1 chef, and 2 bartenders for our wedding of 130 people. For a buffet they quoted us one less staff person.

Cincinnati Cooks is a non-profit catering service whose proceeds go toward the Freestore.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • sdunaway10sdunaway10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I love eat well, but have only used them for a 20person event. I can tell you i'm havine 100ppl, buffet style and only have 3 servers and 1 bartender.
  • I have worked with them both for some work events.  Eat Well is certainly wonderful food and the staff is great to work with, but I know they are a bit more pricey than some others.

Cincinnati Cooks has done smaller stuff for us that we pick up or they drop off, but I've not dealt with them on an event that required them to have servers so I can't speak to their expertise in that field.  The food has always been good and the money is going to a good cause at least.

Certainly if you're going the buffet route the numers they quoted you are high.  We are doing a buffet for about 150 for our wedding and we will have 2 buffet servers and 1-2 staff person (s) from the venue to clear plates and such (bartenders are seperate from this). It sounds to me like the staffing they quoted you if it isn't something mandated by your venue could be excessive from my event planning experience for an event of 130.  Talk to Renee- I'm sure she can talk you through the reasonings or come to a better agreement with less people. 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards