Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Honeymoon hotel drama- (VENT and long)

So, fi and I are going to Mexico for our honeymoon. We've had this planned for a long time. The only issue was that the honeymoon doesn't start until Friday after our wedding, so we wanted something to do for Wednesday-Friday. We finally decided to tack on a few days in Mexico. I found an awesome hotel with fantastic rates. I registered online for it last night, then never got a confirmation, so I called today.

UGH! I've been on the phone with them for over an hour. First they don't have the reservation I made last night, so they send me to the booking rep. who says I can book with him for triple the amount online... ridiculous! So, before I call customer service back,  I wanted to make sure that my credit card was good to go (it is new and it is good to go), the lady takes me through the process, she gets an error message at the end. She tells me it is my credit card... which I know it isn't since I JUST CALLED and was staring at the online records which say I have like $2000+ and the room was only $400. She tells me to try again, I try online with two different credit cards, both get error. I call back. The lady puts me on hold for 10 minutes and says it is either your credit card or their Web site. The woman before refused to believe it was their crappy Web site.

Now, I have to wait a few hours before trying back. Normally, I would say "eff this hotel", but they are ranked #4 in Cancun, and it is such a SWEET deal! ($189/night) UGH!

Sorry, had to vent. I feel slightly better now.
RT + JB
Wedding Countdown Ticker
The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.

Re: Honeymoon hotel drama- (VENT and long)

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man... I'm so sorry about this - what a PITA. Hope everything gets resolved for you guys!
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YUCK! Stinks that that happened.. esp that you had to be on the phone sooo long with those people! i HATE that! GL getting it squared away!

• edited December 2011
    Oh geez... that would make me so mad. My FI and I both racked up a ton of Marriott points when we traveled for work, so we use Marriott all the time now. He was gold and I am now platinum member, but we still had issues with service sometimes when we got to the hotel (particularly in parts of Europe where they aren't fond of Americans). It got to the point where if they started to piss me off I just pulled out my platinum card and showed them. Yeah, instant attitude change when they see that card. Makes me even madder. They know I'm just some young American they treat my like dirt, they know I'm a platinum member I am treated like a goddess. Freaking ridiculous.

Sorry, my rant lol. I would be sure to check your credit card right away and make sure they didn't charge you. I wouldn't trust that it didn't actually go through one time.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That sucks. I hope it all works out. That is a great deal.

And btw, LOVE your save the dates!
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards