Florida-West Coast

Nova 535

Hi all! I was wondering if any of you have been to/had your wedding at Nova 535? I know Ive seen the reviews on google and wedding bee but I want real opinions and stories. Thank you.

Re: Nova 535

• mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a really cool venue inside, but in a shady area at night.  I was alone and had to park across the street in a public parking lot and walk down a side alley to enter the facility.  There is a front door, but it was closed for the event I attended. 

There were homeless people on the street.

Do what you want, but I wouldn't go back there, especially alone.  I was scared to death walking back to my car.  Nothing happened, but I was REALLY uneasy!
  • edited December 2011
    First off, it is an AWESOME location and looks sooooo cool when decorated for a wedding. I've seen it set up with tables on the bottom level and the DJ/dancing on the top for larger weddings. I've also seen it with everything on the bottom level.

2 concerns: 1) like the last post says, it isn't in the best area. I've only been there when they've provided valet, where you pull right up and take 5 steps to the door and you're in. So, if you're doing it there, you might want to check to see how much valet costs and the venue should be able to give you recommendations. 2) it's definitely got a trendy NYC loft-type feel inside, but I've seen it with and without lighting, and let me tell you, the lighting made it 100 times better! Just adding uplighting on the walls, spotlights on the cake and a cool gobo on the floor was awesome.

So, between valet and lighting, and the venue isn't cheap to book to begin with, you're looking at a bunch of additional costs. But, if you have the money to do it, I say go for it! Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rmjones6rmjones6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you are looking for the club feel like PUSH, or the Tampa Firefighters Museum. 
  • andy1111andy1111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding reception there and it is so cool!  I heard also that it's a little pricey. It's not in the best area of town but they had valet parking when I went and it was fine.  I loved it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards