Second Weddings

Long (post) Trip - Wedding is still ON!

I'm glad I was able to achieve so much the Thursday before Thanksgiving and that we were able to leave on Friday - even if I was totally exhausted.  It meant being able for us to see my FFIL one last time on Saturday.  He passed in the early morning hours the day after we saw him.

Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate but we learned how to put chains on and that we can survive 9 plus hours in the car without becoming nasty to one another.

My FMIL who I adore more and more, was wonderful when we asked about my FFIL's wishes.  He stated he did not want this wedding delayed any further.  In his humble opinion this should have happened when we were 21. 

So the wedding is still on - as we thought it would be.  And my FMIL was involved in helping with some of the planning.  There is going to be a definite Native American flare to the brides attire.  I think I may wear ankle high white moccasins (if I can find some that I like), white feathers with blue hydrangeas in my hair and Native American jewelry.  My FMIL is making me a necklace in turquoise and coral.

My FFIL is missed, but he no longer is suffering.

Re: Long (post) Trip - Wedding is still ON!

• teacherbride7teacherbride7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad you got to see him and that the big day is still on. 
  • edited December 2011

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but glad the wedding is still on. 

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Glad the traveling part was safe.  So sorry to hear of your loss.  I'm happy that you have the support for not delaying the wedding, and honoring his wish as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• edited December 2011
    Glad you got to se your FFIL before he passed. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Glad the wedding is still on too!
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My condolences to you both.  Glad you were able to see him before he passed.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear the sad news, but glad for you both that you got to see him one last time. Your FMIL sounds fabulous and thoughtful, and I'm sure you will appreciate the input and assistance.

Best wishes.
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss. It will be a difficutl time for your FI, and I am sure you will support him. What a great FMIL you have!!!
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    (((HUGS)))  I am sorry that your FFIL passed away, Angie.  I am sending good vibes and peaceful thoughts your way.

I smiled when reading his thoughts that the wedding should have taken place decades ago!  That is absolutely wonderful.  Peace to you and your family.
  • kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_long-post-trip-wedding-still?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:43c0a0f2-5c3f-4f4a-bfde-b6a48d6f5f3dPost:f7e789b2-c1ff-4a37-b937-e9796c749491">Re: Long (post) Trip - Wedding is still ON!</a>:
    [QUOTE](((HUGS)))   I am sending good vibes and peaceful thoughts your way. I smiled when reading his thoughts that the wedding should have taken place decades ago!  That is absolutely wonderful.  Peace to you and your family.
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa - Thank you!!!  ((hugs))  My FFIL made his thoughts well known before we got engaged stating at dinner in July '09 that any fool could see that my  FI and I belonged together.  He also would tell us how happy he was that we were together every time  he saw us after that.  He was thrilled when we got engaged.

Ladies thank you so much for your thoughts and support!!  This is an interesting time in our lives but we are supporting one another through it, and we have so many happy, loving memories of my FFIL that it carries us through.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards