Minnesota

Beach wedding locations

My fiance and I are dead set on a beach wedding.  We have tossed around ideas on whether or not we should stay somewhat local or do a destination wedding within the U.S.  I am looking for any advice, suggestions, imput, etc.  Anything would be greatly appreciated.

My vision is a simple, elegant and somewhat casual wedding.  I would love to be married on a beach, barefoot, with lots of color!! :) 

Please help!! THANK YOU!!

Re: Beach wedding locations

• hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest a destination wedding.  I know a few lakes in the area but the beach and water aren't very nice. I have never been to a destination wedding but they sound really easy.  Like they do everything and you pretty much invite people and show up. 

Congrats!  A beach wedding would be beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married in Hawaii on Kauai which worked great for us, though we didn't invite any guests (we're having a party in MN this summer to celebrate with friends and family).  There are a lot of companies that sell wedding packages ranging from barebones (which is what we did) to ceremonies including flowers, videographers, cakes, etc...  Our beach wedding was fantastic, I'd highly recommend it!
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_beach-wedding-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:640Discussion:66bd5f8d-bd66-4452-8be4-c23e5437b523Post:f6f2e818-619f-482b-b99f-8d802316ca60">Re: Beach wedding locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would suggest a destination wedding.  I know a few lakes in the area but the beach and water aren't very nice. I have never been to a destination wedding but they sound really easy.  Like they do everything and you pretty much invite people and show up.  Congrats!  A beach wedding would be beautiful.
    Posted by hippolover[/QUOTE]

There are tons of resorts and such in the state that have gorgeous spaces for a ceremony on/by the water. And a DW still requires planning, which can be difficult when you don't live in the area where the wedding will be.

That being said, you have to look at the people that you definitely want to be at your wedding and make sure that you're planning something they can attend. Check out the Destination Weddings board; it's under "Wedding Theme Boards" in the column on the left of the screen. Also, the Minneapolis/St. Paul board is MUCH more active than this one; there's lots of great ladies there that are very helpful.
  • sjnelson08sjnelson08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Grand View up on Gull Lake (Brainerd Lakes Area).  They have a few different options as to where to have the ceremony and one of the options is on their beach.  Grand View is a very beautiful resort and their flowers in the summer are really nice.  Obviously, I highly recommend it :)
  • saric83saric83 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I definitely recommend a destination wedding!  We live in Minneapolis, and I've always wanted to have a wedding outside.  I would loved to have been comfortable with it here, but I've had too many friends who have been rained out and what not with the unpredictable summer weather in the midwest, so we're heading to Cancun!  The only downside to a destination wedding is that you have to be okay with the fact that many people will not be able to and/or want to attend.  So if you can let that go, I vote destination! : ) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards