Illinois-Chicago
Options

Boxes

So H and I are looking to move this summer. I remember last summer how many awesome boxes we got with wedding gifts but we did not have any room to store them.

So if you are getting married this summer and leftover boxes from all your awesome gifts, H or I would love to come get them from you.

We live in Aurora and he works in Skokie so we can pick up areas around there. He also goes to Joliet and downtown for work frequently.

Anniversary image

Re: Boxes

• Options
    ltleenltleen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    As an idea, when we moved we went to local grocery stores and asked for their egg boxes. They are large, sturdy, and clean (fruit and vegetable boxes often have bugs), plus they have handles. Best of all, the grocery stores are usually happy to give them up. I don't have any left, or I would totally give them to you!
  • Options
    chiboo9chiboo9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I've moved 5x these last 5 years so I've gotten the hang of looking for free boxes. Go visit your local strip malls that have stores like Shoe Carnival, Pier One, Old Navy, Ulta, or other retailers. Find out when they receive their weekly shipments and ask if you can take the boxes after. They'll be more than happy to give them out to you at no cost!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No boxes, but we just moved last year into our new house and I don't know how far you are moving, but both FI and I have mostly hanging clothes and just an idea what we did that worked WONDERS was to use flat bed sheets and leave all of our hanging clothes on the hangers and just lay them in the middle and we bunched it up on top.  Worked so well and the clothes didn't get wrinkled AND saved soooooooooo much time.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I live in Aurora too and am moving to Indiana after my wedding. I went to the Wal-Mart on Kirk Road late at night and asked the stockers if I could take boxes they were unloading. They're super sturdy and various sizes.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    Try Freecycle in your area too.  Grocery stores are really the best place and apple and egg boxes are really sturdy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards