Kentucky-Louisville

Has anyone used Taste Catering?

Hello,
I think we are about to book a very new catering company called Taste.  Since they are new, I'm having a lot of trouble finding any reviews.  Does anyone know of them or is there anyone out there that has used them for their wedding?  We'd LOVE to hear what you think about them!!

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Has anyone used Taste Catering?

• edited December 2011
    My fiancee's friend did and they were not pleased. I am trying to go back on facebook and see what was wrote about them. I want to say the paid for specific food that never showed up and something else. Don't take my word on what exactly happened I have to go back and see. But I do know and am 100% sure that it was this company and they were furious with them.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok. I went back and looked and in a nutshell he says that the company didn't do half the things they said they would, over charged them, and never gave them $200 of cheese that someone had bought for them. He also said they were rude and the guests had to bus their own tables.

I wasn't there. So I don't know. Always have everything written in a contract. That is all I can say. 
  • Jenn7907Jenn7907 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for responding Briella.  Just to confirm, do you know if they used 

Taste. 

or Taste Buds

or In Good Taste Catering?

Since they are all so close, I don't want a terrible review about one of them go against all of them...
  • edited December 2011
    It was www.tastelouisville.com

Hope this helps!
  • I am really sad that I did not see this negative review BEFORE we hired Taste Catering company in Louisville, Kentucky. I, too, was a victim of bad customer service and misrepresented food. We paid extra for foods that we tasted at their home & ended up with plain sandwiches & fruit salad in a bowl for a "Fruit Display". Beware of his wording.. ask for actual pictures of what you will get. And when it is all said and done, he will blame YOU for their horrible services! I almost cried when I read his email to me. They slaughtered my wedding cake... I mean you could see cake through the icing and it wasn't straight. They promised a birds nest on the top with a beautiful stand.. it was on a board with silver paper & no nest. The icing was more than horrific! I don't even know what happened to it, nor does anyone else! For that matter, he told me that he himself wasn't happy with the cake, but it was my fault because there were not flowers to go on it! We didn't ever discuss flowers on the cake at all. DO NOT let this company ruin your wedding cake too!!! I was horrified. So was everyone else! He insulted my budget (which was not low) And to top it off.. He offered me a refund, which is yet to come 3 weeks later. He is NOT a business man & he is not honorable. If you want to get ripped off and be embarrassed about your big day, choose this company. You won't be disappointed if you want to be disappointed. He won't return your emails or calls.. so just heed the warning signs. TASTE. A GREATER LOUISVILLE COMPANY IS NOT WHERE YOU WANT TO GO TO DO BUSINESS. Take it from someone who learned the very hard way.

n Response to <a href="http://second.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_anyone-used-taste-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:608Discussion:5f4017cc-a3fd-43cc-bf53-5963023de0a2Post:aa1e5b43-65ac-403f-95b5-f44644177ae6">Has anyone used Taste Catering?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, I think we are about to book a very new catering company called Taste.  Since they are new, I'm having a lot of trouble finding any reviews.  Does anyone know of them or is there anyone out there that has used them for their wedding?  We'd LOVE to hear what you think about them!! Thanks in advance!!
    Posted by Jenn7907[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards