New York-Western

Finger Lakes Region/Ithaca/Syracuse Wedding Venue Suggestions

Hi there! My name is Jaclyn and I just recently got engaged. Since I am from the Albany area and his family is from Rochester, we were looking to have our wedding somewhere in-between. We are anticipating about 200 people and have just started looking in the Finger Lakes region, Ithaca, Syracuse, etc. Ideally, we would like some aspect of our wedding outside, perferably next to a lake, but are open to different suggestions as long as the surrounding landscape is gorgeous (think mountains, lush gardens, flowers, etc). There are many gorgeous places for an outside ceremony but I've had trouble finding one that also has an elegant banquet facility (many look plain and uninspiring even with decorations). Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!   

Re: Finger Lakes Region/Ithaca/Syracuse Wedding Venue Suggestions

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!

I've heard good things about Glenora Winery on Seneca Lake, but that's all I know. You might want to repost this on the Central NY board.. Finger Lakes, Ithaca, Syracuse are central, and I'm sure those girls know all the hidden gems! Good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bellhurst Castle I have heard good things about as well. But as suggested try Central NY board. They are real nice and helpful over there.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    I just had my reception at Glenora... it was gorgeous!!!  It can easily accommodate 200+, has fabulous food and a gorgeous veiw of the lake.  (Sorry... I'm a little biased).  I have tons of pics in my bio of the venue and more on my photographer's website.

Like PP's said, come on over to the CNY board... we have a girl over there (Raes) who works to the travel bureau in Geneva and is a huge help with all things Finger Lakes.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for redirecting me to the right board, ladies. :)  I just posted again on the Central NY board. I also added a few more details to help explain what exactly I'm looking for in a venue. 

Unfortunately, Glenora is too small for my anticipated 200 guests. Also, we are looking to get married next summer, preferably August, and Belhurst has no Saturdays available all next summer. We don't want to have our wedding on a Friday or Sunday either because 100% of our guests will be traveling and we don't want to place another burden on them. I'm getting a little nervous that we are going to have difficulty finding a place we love that isn't already booked.  
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Logde in Skaneateles. I went to a wedding here and OMG with the food amazing! It has a deck and it is a pond or something. It was quite pretty!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    Esperanza Mansion on Keuka Lake- it is beautiful.
    Geneva on the Lake (Seneca Lake)
    I am having mine at Belhurst Castle on Seneca Lake which is beautiful, but I feel that the other two are prettier, but just don't meet our needs.  

You may also want to look into Venetosa Vineyards on Seneca Lake

"Love is friendships set to music"
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Aurora Inn on Cayuga Lake. You can have up to 200 guests, but the reception would have to be outside. It's absolutely beautiful and they can do the food & cake as well. Plus the staff has made wedding planning incredibly easy for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards