Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Menu Concerns!

Im having my wedding at a lovely place with wonderful food, we are are cutting corners in other areas to have it here and to stay within budget we have to have the below menu-do you gals think this is adequet and-is it okay to only offer 2 entree options (with an additional choice for vegeterians?)  do i do a beef/chicken or beef/fish:

8 passed hors d'oeuvres (hot and cold)
2 station options
1 seated appetizer
1 seated salad
2 entrees
cake and 1 dessert

If I start adding stations and a third entree choice my budget is blown and FH will NOT be happy.  Do you ladies think its sufficient and please give thoughts on 2 entree choices....

Re: Menu Concerns!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That definitely sounds sufficient.  I think you should go with a chicken and a beef.  Chicken is more of a crowd pleaser than fish.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like plenty. I also would choose chicken and beef.
    ~May 21,2011~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had less hors d'oeuvres options and no stations and the rest was the same. It was certainly enough food for our 5 hour reception. I think you'll be fine.

And beef, chicken and vegetarian will certainly cover everyone.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I suppose beef/chicken is safest. People tend to choose those over the fish most of the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds great.  What is the seated appetizer?  If it's not something that's generally well-liked by most, I'm not sure it's necessary if it will save you money.  

Beef/chicken is probably safest, but I don't think it's a bad idea to go with beef/fish if the venue's fish option is delicious or if that's what you or your FI plan to eat at the reception.  I just went to a wedding that had beef/fish/veg as the three plated options and everyone seemed to eat.  
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds perfect! Another vote for chicken and beef.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  You are FABLOUS!  I feel much better :)
  • Options
    nertgirl02nertgirl02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Your menu sounds like plenty. Make sure you have vegeterian options

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds like plenty but I would go with the beef and chicken. Because people like me are going to be allergic to the fish and I am very particular about how beef is cooked therefore I know better than to order it out unless I can select how I want it cooked, so I would be super bummed if my only options were beef/fish.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say beef/ fish but it depends on the overall tastes of your guests. We have a lot of foodie guests that wouldn't be too "wowed" by chicken, but other people have circles where folks are huge fans of fan. Either will work fine.
  • Options
    Ssanders06Ssanders06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote chicken/beef...but I will say I think having cake and a dessert is excessive. Should just serve cake, a lot of ppl aren't big sweet eaters. Not to mention you are serving quite a bit of food, after eating all that and having to eat two desserts is a lot. These would be a way to cut corners on the budget as well.
    Have a great wedding.
    Since the first time I met you, I knew I had met the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards