Oregon

Portland Wedding Outside in October?

I know I'm asking a lot from the rain gods but I want to have and outside wedding and an indoor reception in October. I would like the venue to have a nice inside back up plan if it is raining too hard. Any ideas?

Re: Portland Wedding Outside in October?

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    approx how many people, what part of town, and budget?
  • thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

When my daughter wanted to get married in October 2010, these sites said that they could set up an inside ceremony in case of rain:

Abernethy Center
    Fairgate Inn Camas, WA
    Gray Gables

5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ainsworth House in Oregon City can do both as well, but most places that do both indoor and outdoor have a significant difference in guest capacity between their indoor and outdoor spaces.  We got married in December and that let a lot of places out that would have been fine for an (outdoor) August wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Beckenridge - in Dallas (outside Salem) - and its indoor/outdoor, but if it does rain, they can set up the chairs on their big covered patio area instead of in the grass. 
    It rained all morning of our wedding, and they let me wait until the last possible minute to decide inside or outside.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for your help. It will be about 100 people. I'm looking for something incredibly elegant. 
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so to be sure I have this right, you're looking for an elegant venue for 100 with both indoor and outdoor options, yes?  In that case, here are my recs!

So, my absolute number one rec is Ainsworth House and Gardens.  Kevin, the owner, knows elegance, let me tell you.  You really need to go visit to make a decision - I know people who wrote them off based on the website but then fell in love with the venue in person.

Other options are Gray Gables (though I've heard they're much higher priced than similar venues), Lakeside Gardens, Abernathy Center, The Aerie at Eagle Landing, Columbia Edgewater Golf Club and McLean House in West Linn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards