Louisiana-New Orleans

mini moon in New Orleans

We are leaving Sunday for a mini honeymoon in New Orleans. We are staying at the Loews Hotel.

Any advice on where to go/what to see?

Thanks from a fellow knottie!

Re: mini moon in New Orleans

• edited December 2011
    You can always do the touristy fun stuff like the carrage rides through the quarter, cemetary tours, etc.  I STRONGLY suggest going to preservation hall one night, although be warned a line will start about an hour prior to the show as it is so popular.  Many will go to Pat O's right before and wait in line with a drink.  It's a fabulous experience of true new orleans jazz.  Also the aquarium there is beautiful and right on the river.  Harrah's is fun and has a second line band every friday night.  Try to wake up early one morning and walk Jackson Square and along the rive0.  Enjoy the quite at Cafe Du Monde with coffee and donoughts before the crowds set in. I lived in the quarter and while and contrary to popular belief it is quite stunningly beautiful in the wee hours after the party has ended and work has not quite begun.  Enjoy your honeymoon and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! We are here now! We had Cafe Du Monde yesterday and will take in Jackson square tonight. I appreciate all your suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards