June 2013 Weddings
Options

Bridal shower?

My MOH was wondering since I am having a June wedding when we are supposed to have the bridal shower? I wasn't sure since my cousin did hers differntly since most of her wedding party and family were coming from out of town so instead of a bachlorette party the night before the wedding she had her wedding shower. So what would be an appropriate month to do a bridal shower? TIA for the help!
"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, & work like a boss." imageDaisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Bridal shower?

• Options
    My MOH is planning mine For May! Bridal Showers are generally about a month in advance, however  you can do it how ever you want!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Like Amanda said - usually about a month out. But it also depends on availability - for example, my bridesmaids are my 3 sisters and my FSIL, and they're all still in school, spread across the country. So if anybody throws me a shower and wants my BM's included it will most likely have to be over the winter holidays or right when everyone gets home from school (about 2 weeks before the wedding).

I think ultimately it comes down to availability, and I don't think there's any hardfast right or wrong way to time a shower or bachelorette party.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks guys! :)
    "Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, & work like a boss." imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We will most likely be having my bridal shower in April/May depending on what weekends are free. I am done with school in April and have a graduation ceremony at the end of April and the beginning of May!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think it's usually held when most convienent for you and the BP/Hosts. I am not aware of any rules or ettiquette that says when you are/aren't supposed to have one.

My sister (MoH) has discussed having an April/May one or earlier like Feb/Mar since it's the 'slower' time for all and it's always nice to have a get together when people aren't doing much.

I'm open to whenever really as long as it's not the last couple weekends leading up to the wedding lol or around the Xmas holidays
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards