African American Weddings

XP Response card question

Hi ladies,
I did a search but I'm still kind of lost with this, please help me before I lose my mind! 
I'd like to print individual names on response cards using a mail merge. I have the basics down meaning the mail merge is working, however I can only get one name for the entire sheet (4 cards per sheet - Word Doc, Excel file) Is there a way to get the mail merge to produce multiple names on one sheet?  TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com

Re: XP Response card question

• So glad you posted this. I need help as well! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is a good idea! I just left mine blank so the guests will have to fill in their names. I anticipate having to call a few folks up to let them know the extra people they added to their response card can't come. Filling in the names is a great way to avoid that awkwardness.
  • Ok ladies, I tweaked and tweaked but I finally got it. I had to use an avery template ( I was using word), so as long as  you use an avery template and you have your excel spreadsheet set up the way you want it ( to test I did a simple first name, last name, but you'll want to have guest 1, guest 2, etc to cover multiple persons at a single address) it will be easy. This saves so much time (well when you know what you are doing lol) and hopefully eliminate or at least cut down on those awkward rsvp conversations. Here's hoping!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_xp-response-card-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:976ad584-ee08-4fbd-ad12-34b99c4bb768Post:4e9f48b1-0a1f-41d2-b1a0-95404f34a917">Re: XP Response card question</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>This is a good idea!</strong> I just left mine blank so the guests will have to fill in their names. I anticipate having to call a few folks up to let them know the extra people they added to their response card can't come.<strong> Filling in the names is a great way to avoid that awkwardness.
    </strong>Posted by ymw6110[/QUOTE]

This!!.. I hand wrote all of the guest names on the response cards... with the amount of people attached to the invite in parenthesis right next to the names... so that they will know.. and can't come to me with any crap!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • faithlady You have a PM! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards