Iowa-Quad Cities

Ahhh, it's over! :)

To all you future brides: good luck!

As things have wrapped on my wedding, I just wanted to pass along some information on some local vendors that I found out on my own...

Reception: iWireless Center. They were reasonable, and worked with you on EVERYTHING. Their staff was wonderful, accomodating, and we had ample private parking, and a great experience. They cater in house, and the food was delicious! All night, guests talked about how great the dinner was. If you haven't found your hall, I recommend them!

DJ: Ours was nothing to rave about, but everyone was out on the dance floor, shakin it up.

Photographer: Katherine Schutte. She rocked. Not only were she and her assistant EVERYWHERE, but they didn't seem to miss a thing. She took well over 1,000 photos, and this is what sealed the deal for me: My photos are on a CD, and on Shutterfly. I can take them wherever I want, print up however many I want. She has signed a waiver, and mailed me the hard copy of everything. Her price was so reasonable, well under $1,000. http://kschuttephotography.com/  I have two Shutterfly wedding books that I made, and I LOVE THEM.

Videographer: I wasn't sure if I would have one, because it seemed like so much of a hassle. However, as the wedding approached, I realized I would miss out on things like the flower girl going down the aisle, my nephew as the ringbearer, and all the other things the bride just doesn't get to see. We finally chose Nick Swenson if Digicinema (in Dubuque.. he travels!). And what a fabulous job he did! Our trailer was lovely, and I was informed today that he was mailing our actual video. Well worth the money!  I am so happy I made the decision. www.digicinemaweddings.com

I probably sound like I'm just plugging for these two, but my photog/videographer were my hardest choices, and I am so happy I made them. And finding a venue that comfortably sat 250+ guests was very important.

I hope that maybe some of this information helps you ladies! Best of luck to you all!

Re: Ahhh, it's over! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards