May 2011 Weddings

Hump Day

Good morning!

Hope you all have a good day today!

I have a gyno appt. at 9. So that's a lame start to my day.
But I'm meeting up with a friend I haven't seen in a while this afternoon, so yay!!!
DH started his new job today!! Thank goodness!!! He was sooo ready to go back. So hopefully that goes well. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Hump Day

• Che_DominiqueChe_Dominique
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited March 2012

Kinda not feeling anything lately.  I don't know if it's me or the people around me just being @$$holes.

I went home and had to ask my husband: Am I a boring person? Am I weird? etc.

Married: 5.28.11

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • Hoping this actually shows up...

We had some good news this week!  DH might be getting hired as an assistant pro at a local golf course.  It would be longer hours, but less time on his feet all day, more predictable schedule, and much better chances for long-term advancement.  He's meeting with the head pro right now to find out if it's going to happen and to work out the details.  Fingers crossed, I am really ready for him to be happier at work!

@jlq, hope your appointment is quick and easy.
    @BB: hi!
    @chela: sorry people are not recognizing how awesome you are :(
    imageimage
  • Morning! I am hoping for a fast day as well. I sleep like crap last night again. It is my fault I got on the scale before bed and the number made we want to cry. So I stayed up all night obsessing about it. O well I have a meeting at 1 and hopefully I get a phone call from one of the guys in the other office. I need his help. My sis is off to St.Marteen and I am jealous. I wish I was on the beach sipping yummy beverages.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • @Che--I had those kind of feelings yesterday, so you're not alone!

I have a short day at work, and I'm looking forward to having a night with H.  Although, I finally am off in time to be able to go to Zumba, and I'm torn between which one I want to do.  LOL
  • O and now that I can read other post. Go Mr.Dannie! Good luck to him. And Che I am sure everything will be better soon. Just keep your head up!

HAPPPY PI DAY EVERYONE!!

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Happy Pi Day!!! I forgot about that this morning.

Che - You are a wonderful person. Everoyne has those weird days sometimes! 
    Dannie - Good luck to your H! 
    Deg - When I got weighed at my appt. this morning I wanted to cry a little. ugghh. It's a sucky feeling!! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Degrea, you should know only to weigh yourself in the morning after your first pee. Not at night! Don't do that again.

jlq, good luck at the gyno!
    Dannie, good luck to your H!
    Che, you're awesome. Don't question that. :)

I had a doctor appt this morning and got stuck in a 7 mile traffic jam because some stupid little car decided to crash into a median on the freeway. I was 10 minutes late for my appointment. And I'm retaining water, so my sample was awful and because of that, the scale said I gained 3 lbs since Friday. Liar. Or I could blame Chase and say his head is on my bladder and keeping me from peeing. But I got Panera after my appointment and I always look forward to that. Although, now I want another bagel.

I just realized I forgot to take something out for dinner tonight. Oops. I get off work at 6, so I won't be home til 6:30. I guess it's a take out kinda night.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello.

I've been sick for a week with a stomach bug, it's bad.  
    My brother is visiting and I can't leave the house.  His friend is also here and I don't like her on a good day, but now I can't stand her.  Good times.  
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Bio
  • NCV - Feel better!

I'm glad my appt. is over. They want me to get a mole on my right boob looked at. Apparently it's "suspicious", but I've had it forver. My insurance through work won't kick in until May, so it will have to wait until then. This is why I dislike the doctor. 
    my read shelf:
  • Good Morning.

It is AMAZING weather here today. Windows are open. I think it is a sun dress kinda day.

Toddler is being a cuddleasaurus.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • It's only 7:30, I'm not even through my cup of coffee and already it's a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I'm moving to Australia. (That's from the book. I'm not really moving to Australia.)
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Uneek! :::HUGS::: to you!!!! 
    I'm sorry your day is off to a bad start. I hope it get's better for you!!! 
    my read shelf:
  • Thanks but it's just going to be one of those days I think. GL at your appt.
  • Booo.
    My appt. is over, thanks for the good luck!! :)  It was the fastest appt. I've ever had. My old gnyo would also sit and talk with me after for like 20 minutes.
    my read shelf:
  • Thanks ladies.  Work being slow today and my tummy not feeling good isn't helping either.  We have a bag lunch with a presentation from a vendor, so hopefully that makes me feel better :-).

Since it's slow ;work and I have nothing to do...
    @BB- Good computer vibes!
    @NCV - I hope you feel better
    @JLQ - I hope it's nothing serious.
    @Dannie - GL to your H!
    @Mono - The weather is suppose to be 80 today and 83 tomorrow.  I love this type of weather.
    @Kris - Panera bread always makes things better :-).
    @Degrea - Happy PI day!
    @Nikki - Hugs! I hope your day gets better.
    @Goetzr - Yay for short work days!

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • degreadegrea
    2500 Comments
    edited March 2012
    Kris: I think it was you that was reading Heart of The Matter, Emily Griffin and said you disliked it. I just finished it why did you dislike it?

Edit: Anyone else that has read one of her books or has an opinion feel free. I remember when I had only time to read and not post some of you girls talking about her books and how you didn't like them. Why?
  • Morning!

I'm actually having an ok day today.  The weather here is beautiful (it's in the seventies), so that helps.  I love it when I can wake up and open all the windows and screen door and get a ton of fresh air before I have to go to work and sit in my windowless, concrete brick lab.  Seriously, it's depressing in here.

Dannie:  Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!  GL!
    Che:  Sorry you're having a sucky day.  But you're awesome, and I'm sure you'll get out of that funk soon!
    Uneek:  I think a morning like that calls for a second cup of coffee. :)
  • In Response to Re: Hump Day:
    Kris: I think it was you that was reading Heart of The Matter, Emily Griffin and said you disliked it. I just finished it why did you dislike it?
    Posted by degrea
    Honestly, I don't remember. Did he get back together with his wife at the end? Maybe that's why I didn't like it. He threw away his relationship over a patient's mother and gave in to his desires. Or did they get back together? It's been some time since I've read it, so I don't remember the details...
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for all of the good wishes to my H!  His meeting went really well, and he is giving his 2 week notice at Home Depot today!  I am so excited for him :)

Uneek: sorry your day started so poorly.  I was in a terrible mood yesterday, but today seems awesome - hope the same happens for you!  Just focus on your fabulous new house and hopefully that will cheer you up a bit :)

NCV hope you feel better soon **hugs**
    imageimage
    Kris: I think it was you that was reading Heart of The Matter, Emily Griffin and said you disliked it. I just finished it why did you dislike it? Edit: Anyone else that has read one of her books or has an opinion feel free. I remember when I had only time to read and not post some of you girls talking about her books and how you didn't like them. Why?
    Posted by degrea
    I also read it. I hated that book but I have to admit that I think I mostly hated it because I read it about a month after the wedding and I was all high on love and was just disgusted that he would cheat on his wife. If I read it now I might feel differently but I doubt it.

I read it for a book club and normally don't go for chick lit so I was turned off by that too. I've never read anything else by her either. So there's lots of biased opinions coming from me but that's what it is.

In Response to Re: Hump Day:
    Uneek:  I think a morning like that calls for a second cup of coffee. :)
    Posted by ebagnall
    Already on it! Thanks!
    In Response to Re: Hump Day : Honestly, I don't remember. Did he get back together with his wife at the end? Maybe that's why I didn't like it. He threw away his relationship over a patient's mother and gave in to his desires. Or did they get back together? It's been some time since I've read it, so I don't remember the details...
    Posted by kris2131
    No problem it has been awhile. He does get back together with his wife in the end. And I agree he did throw away everything he had to follow his desires, But I get that as I have been there and done that. I have also been cheated on and forgave that as well. So the book didn't seem totally unrealistic to me. Plus I like that we got to hear about Dex and Rachel as I read Something burrowed on my HM.

I have liked all of her book but her books are right up my alley, mindless chic lit! I actually really like baby proof as I sort of related with the main character as I don't want children. Well at least I don't think I want kids. It is something that I keep flip flopping on but in the end I always end up with no kids. I really wish there wasn't such an expectation to have kids. People look at me when I say that I don't want kids like I just murder there grandma. I also think that is why I keep rethinking kids. People expect me to have kids and I wonder if something is wrong with me for not wanting them. Am I selfish, defective, isn't passing your genes along basic human nature, etc. I ask myself these question all the time. Anyways I really like that book.
  • Uneek: I could see why you didn't like it, especially if chic lit is not yoru thing. I read for mindless enjoyment, not to think. I do to much thinking at work for my liking. ]

Dannie: GO H GO! Wohoo!
  • I'm so bored. Uggghhh. It's SO nice outside but I really should clean our apartment. But I don't want to. wah. 
    my read shelf:
    I'm so bored. Uggghhh. It's SO nice outside but I really should clean our apartment. But I don't want to. wah. 
    Posted by jlq2005
    Go outside enjoy the weather! How often is it this nice in March? The apartment will wait!
  • I'm writing lesson plans for fourth grade math - I'd rather be bored.
  • I'm bored and sleepy.  I don't know what's worse.

Updated 10/25/12:

[Blog]
  • It's no fun to be outside alone. LOL.

I'm waiting on lab results.
    I need something to occupy my mind.
    my read shelf:
  • Go read your new kindle in the park. Bring your phone. If I could my butt would be outside walking around.
    In Response to Re: Hump Day : No problem it has been awhile. He does get back together with his wife in the end. And I agree he did throw away everything he had to follow his desires, But I get that as I have been there and done that. I have also been cheated on and forgave that as well. So the book didn't seem totally unrealistic to me. Plus I like that we got to hear about Dex and Rachel as I read Something burrowed on my HM. I have liked all of her book but her books are right up my alley, mindless chic lit! I actually really like baby proof as I sort of related with the main character as I don't want children. Well at least I don't think I want kids. It is something that I keep flip flopping on but in the end I always end up with no kids. I really wish there wasn't such an expectation to have kids. People look at me when I say that I don't want kids like I just murder there grandma. I also think that is why I keep rethinking kids. People expect me to have kids and I wonder if something is wrong with me for not wanting them. Am I selfish, defective, isn't passing your genes along basic human nature, etc. I ask myself these question all the time. Anyways I really like that book.
    Posted by degrea
    I usually like her books as well. But Baby Proof was one that I didn't like at all and I remember it clearly. It had me wanting to throw it against a wall, burn it and throw it in a lake. So many times I wanted to stop reading it, but I kept on. It was so frustrating.
    Anniversary
  • Why did you want to do that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards