Illinois

Weddings in Galena, IL

I live in the South Suburbs of Chicago, but my fiancee and I have decided to get married in Galena. His parents live there and we visit at least six times a year. We love it out there!

We've started looking at venues and caterers, but have so much to do still, and don't have very many leads or recommendations, because we aren't from Galena. 

Does anyone have suggestions for DJ's, photographers, caterers, etc. that you could share?

Thanks so much!! Laughing
This bride-to-be stuff is fun! sometimes...

Re: Weddings in Galena, IL

• I would check Wedding Wire. you can search by area and I really trust their revews
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_weddings-in-galena-il?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:617Discussion:15034c27-9813-461a-92d2-42574386b991Post:0434dfd7-7dad-45a2-8aa8-d4e9908b7b24">Re: Weddings in Galena, IL</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would check Wedding Wire. you can search by area and I really trust their revews
    Posted by KT020803[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I'll check it out!
    This bride-to-be stuff is fun! sometimes...
  • ampaulyampauly member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I just moved to the Galena/Dubuque area myself from Chicago. I understand how hard it is for girls planning from afar to find vendors in the area. Check out http://www.bridemeetswedding.com/ for some help with vendors/marriage license info in that area. if you have any questions - I would be glad to help! 

Brides coming from afar don't realize that there are many vendors in Dubuque as well and it's ONLY 15-20 minutes away!
  • I agree with ampauly. I grew up near the Galena area and Dubuque is just a short distance away with many options for dj, cakes, and floral.

A Dubuque based photographer I love is Orange Anchor Photography. She's originally from NW IL and I just love her work. Seeley Photography is another favorite of mine.

There is a Hy-Vee on Locust Street (close to the IL/IA Julien Dubuque Bridge) that does catering.

Hope this helps!
  • www.bridemeetswedding.com is a great resource for Galena/Dubuque vendors!  I grew up in Galena and currently do wedding planning for brides in that area.  Feel free to contact me at christine@riseeventsplanning.com and CONGRATULATIONS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards