Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

DJ Dilemma

Well, FI and I were able to narrow down our DJ choice to two different DJs whom we both have met with, Jodi from Accents Unlimited and Adelle from Audible Art by Adelle. FI and I have also seen both of them "perform" Jodi doing Karaoke and Adelle at FI's brother's wedding. Here is my dilemma, Jodi comes in just under our $1,000 budget for a DJ and Adelle is over our budget by about $400. I'm just not sure whom to go with because I want to stay within our budget, but at the same time my FI loves all the extra "bells and whistles" that Adelle offers such as a grand entrance with intro's for the bridal party. I know in my heart which DJ I am leaning towards, but wanted to get some advice from you ladies to point me in the right direction. TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ Dilemma

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you rearrange the budget a bit? That's what I have done. We went with an expensive photographer and photography package, but we were able to do that because we decided against a videographer. And for me flowers look like they will be ~1000 dollars under budget, so I'll use that money elsewhere. If you really want Adelle, I bet you could find an area in your budget to "borrow" from.

Weddingwire has a realy good budget planner - it sets the "recommended" amount to spend in each category but you can move your budget around between categories. HTH!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious to know what all the "bells and whistles" are. Just about all DJs do an intro when you walk into the reception. I've never heard of Adelle, but I know Jodi comes highly recommended. IMO $1000 for a DJ is the highest I would go.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't end up choosing Jodi but we did talk to her and she was wonderful.  She's super responsive, has a great online planning tool, comes with tons of recommendations, and has a lot of knowledge of weddings as a wedding planner.

If you can re-arrange the budget and really prefer the second person, then you should do that, but I'm not sure what extras that person really has - all DJs do a bridal party/ bride and groom intro.

I might be in the minority with this opinion, but to me if the DJ has a good rep and can keep the dance floor busy all night, why pay extra?
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also am curious about the bells and whistles.. maybe Jodi will do some of those things for you too??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just one of the "bells and whistle" that I remember Adelle talking about was some sort of picutre slide show narrated to the story of how we fell in love. To me it sounds corny but FI loves it. With the intro Adelle does a brief synopsis of your reltionship/connection to each person of your bridal party with there own theme song. Again, another thing that FI really loves. I know Jodi said that she would be fine with coming up with somerhing like this.
    I think my big problem in not picking Adelle, is just that FI worked so hard in seaking her out, emailing, and talking to her. He feels like he did something really important for the wedding and I dont have the heart to burst his bubble and veto his pick, but he isn't to fond of Adelle's price either.
    I feel a little nauseous thinking about spending more than $1,000 for a DJ myself. This advice is definitely what I needed to hear. Sometimes a little re-assurance goes a long way. Thanks ladies!
    Jodi it is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards