Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Grooms Ice Cream cake after open bar?

So my groom and I love ice cream cake and he actually wanted to do it as our wedding cake, which we ended up not doing. However, I was thinking about surprising him with a grooms Oreo ice cream cake... His favorite! We have dessert included in our rehearsal dinner and it's only 20 ppl attending since it's two days before! We have about 70 ppl staying over at or hotel and was wondering of I should present it than.

I personally love ice cream cake and would eat it whenever, but would you eat it at 11:30 after an open bar? Thoughts? Thanks ladies :)

Re: Grooms Ice Cream cake after open bar?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_grooms-ice-cream-cake-after-open-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:458125ed-3ae9-4cc2-8939-b4c0ef27990bPost:45a6ee15-f38f-47c0-a5f1-c0b4a3f44c59">Grooms Ice Cream cake after open bar?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my groom and I love ice cream cake and he actually wanted to do it as our wedding cake, which we ended up not doing. However, I was thinking about surprising him with a grooms Oreo ice cream cake... His favorite! We have dessert included in our rehearsal dinner and it's only 20 ppl attending since it's two days before! We have about 70 ppl staying over at or hotel and was wondering of I should present it than. I personally love ice cream cake and would eat it whenever, but would you eat it at 11:30 after an open bar? Thoughts? Thanks ladies :)
    Posted by love2nap[/QUOTE]

<div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">I would eat ice cream any time of the day.  I also think FI would want to marry me all over again if I surprised him with ice cream.<div>
    </div><div>I'm not sure about when to present it.  Do you want to do if after the RD for 20, but include all 70 at the hotel?  I would think it was weird to trot out a bunch of drunk people (I know my family) in front of sober people who have no idea what's going on and have cake.</div><div>
    </div><div>I very well may not understand what you were saying, though.</div></div></div>
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd also eat ice cream at ANY time, so the time isn't really an issue to me.  I'm also confused about when you're presenting it...are you wanting to do it after the rehearsal dinner or during/after the reception?  I personally wouldn't do it after the rehearsal dinner...I think people would be less likely to stick around then, but would be more likely to be present during/after the reception.  Like I said, I'm confused on when you're actually doing it...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards