Illinois-Chicago

February Chicago Knottie/Nestie GTG!

Hi Ladies,

Well, tomorrow's February, so it's time to start thinking about another Chicago Knottie/Nestie Get-Together.

Let's shoot for either Thursday, February 11th or the 18th. Either day works for me...so let's see what works best for everyone else and we'll go with what has the most # of votes.

Please let me know if you would be interested!

Kate
imageimage
Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
Married Bio (Work In Progress)

Re: February Chicago Knottie/Nestie GTG!

• edited December 2011
    Sorry I missed the last one; don't ya hate it when work gets in the way?  Looking forward to this one!
  • barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish we had one in the suburbs!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm in, come hell or high water!

Either date works for me.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    The 18th is better for me! :)
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • edited December 2011
    Either day is good for me!
  • edited December 2011
    Let's shoot for the 18th then?
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_february-chicago-knottienestie-gtg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:8bcab0c7-4a7a-4b1b-8b0a-858d3afe7c30Post:5bec5cce-7366-4656-b87f-7cd12848f45d">Re: February Chicago Knottie/Nestie GTG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish we had one in the suburbs!
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]
    Barb, where do you live? We typically do it downtown because several of us work down here, so it's just easy to go to right after work.
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Barb,
    I am in the burbs!  We could get together some time, considering we are also April knotties!

I will try to make it, my February is SO busy!

Danielle
  • barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    edited December 2011
    I live in Naperville......just too long of a drive after a day of work to go INTO the city, ya know?  And Danielle-i would LOVE to!!!!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Katie,
    I'd love to join, and either day works for me!  I'm not on Facebook but can be reached on email at mescobarcole@gmail.com if and when this is confirmed.

Thanks!
    Maria
  • edited December 2011
    the 18th works better for me.  the 11th is our tasting!
  • edited December 2011
    Yippee!!! Looks like we'll have another good turnout. I'll remember to bring my camera this time. Good thing Rho remembered it last time.

The ladies that came last time...did you like that place? I liked the free round of drinks, but of course, we can't count on that again. Hmm...any suggestions?
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Barb and Danielle I would be up for a suburbs meeting as well...I'm in Schaumburg.  Same here too faar to go into the city during a worknight!

Nikki
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • raeynraeyn member
    edited December 2011
    I liked the place, even though I missed the free drinks. Hopefully I'll be able to stay longer this time!
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1image
  • edited December 2011
    booo! I can't do either. so no gtg this time for me! =(

thursdays are just no good for me since typically I work thursday. last time was a fluke.
    would people be interested in a gtg on a weekend?
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to be able to make it but its too close to my date. I hope everyone has a wonderful time!
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to come for the first time and commiserate with other brides Smile  Let me know the details.  I don't know where the last place was.  TIA!
  • edited December 2011
    I liked the martini bar, since it was easy to get to from the brown line (I am terrible about finding my way around downtown!)
  • edited December 2011
    I am down for anywhere--how late were you guys there last time?  I was worried people would be gone by the time I got down there.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lexi, I think we were there until like 8:30ish, but I know for me, part of that had to do with being STARVING?

Christine - I agree that Martini Bar is a good spot b/c of the location right near the EL. I think having it someplace else where we'd have to cab it, may not be fiscally responsible. LOL!

Lindsay - TELL US ABOUT YOUR WEDDING!!!

Rhonda - I'm also down for the weekend. :)

If everyone is down for Martini Bar (again), maybe I could call the manager to see if they'll have a little more "filling" appetizers, unlike last time (thought it was a good bride-to-be food...ha ha ha).

Here's the link to the Chicago Knottie/Nestie Facebook Page:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app_2344061033&ref=ts&gid=166748736191#/group.php?gid=166748736191

I always post the details here; if you don't have facebook, just shoot me an email to thame2010 (at) yahoo (dot) com.
    imageimage

Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards